-
Does anyone do this prior to projection? I read that Kodak stopped including this service in their processing twenty years ago. For the mean time, I went to the sporting goods store and bought a $3 silicone-treated gun cloth. What do you do?
Thanx-Chris
------------------
-
I definitely lubricate my films before projection. I use 2 rewinds, flannel cloth cut to my liking, ecco film cleaner, rubber gloves and a fan. I simply saturate the cloth with cleaner wrap it around the film then wind it through. Ecco dries pretty fast so I wind fast. I use a fan to cut down on fumes or I will get high off them. I also periodically lubricate the entire film path of my projector(s) with the cleaner and before each projection blow away noticeable dust from the film path.
------------------
-
Martin W. Baumgarten would cry heresy if he heard of anyone not lubricating their film first!
Check out this link which details how to do it properly. I buy the Ecco cleaner myself, which is available at the Urbankski Film supply site. You can also get this stuff on ebay all of the time along with the flannel cloths.
Martin's rant: http://www.super8mmdirectory.com/Sup...mCleaning.html
Urbanski: http://members.tripod.com/~Moviecraft/supplies.html
Cameraguy: So is it a pretty good buzz you get from the Ecco or just a headache? ;]
------------------
[This message has been edited by chas_ucla (edited September 26, 2001).]
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chas_ucla:
Cameraguy: So is it a pretty good buzz you get from the Ecco or just a headache? ;]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You get light headed with a headache then memory loss sets in http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/confused.gif
------------------
-
Then how do you remember that you do? http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
Ha, ha. I recall in a Playboy interview that Canadians Bob and Doug McKenzie (Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas of SCTV) were asked which is best, the first beer or the last beer? They replied that,"Well, like, it's hard to say. Cause if the beer is really good then, like, you don't remember the last beer, eh?"
Roger
-
Ahhh, Bob and Doug McKenzie, my role models, after Curley Howard, of course.
Man, if there's one movie that should have had 10 sequels, (as opposed to Lethal Weapon or Beverly Hills Cop, etc.) it's Strange Brew, don't you think?
The absolute definitive art film.
The most profound, brilliant film I've ever seen, eh? (you hoser?)
Matt Pacini
------------------