-
Nice to have you Jim. I think it's nice to have someone else on the board with deep roots in the world of super8.
As for transfers, there are continuous postings on this topic that you'll find as you look further onto older posts. Lots of info on "Rank" style transfers to Mini-DV and Digi-Beta. The Transfer Station gets good reviews for its service and is the least expensive I'm aware of at about $150 per hour. Note this houly rate is not the running time for the film but time for the service which includes color correction, etc. Often a good guess is to triple the running time for the film to get an estimate.
------------------
PRM
-
What is the best method/lab/medium for transferring super 8 film to digital tape? I have about a dozen quality short super 8 films from a number of years ago I want to digitize. Some of you old timers may know me from the regular column I wrote for Super8filmaker Magazine, "Back to Basics."
Jim Piper
Fresno, CA
------------------
?