-
FYI, this is a new post off the Google Super 8 forum...
"After seeing a post in the 35mm newsgroup about Kodak cancelling the last existing version of Kodachrome 25 (KM consumer film, PKM professional was cancelled in 1999), I contacted Kodak to see if it was true. It is. Kodak
announced in late March 2001 that all Kodachrome 25 production would cease
in late 2001 due to low demand.
I called Kodak motion picture customer service and, while they had not yet
heard about the cancellation of K-25, they conceded that Kodachrome 25 motion picture film was just 35mm camera film tha is specially slit and perforated for motion picture use. So, if K-25 slide film is discontinued, then K-25 motion picture film will probably be discontinued. What does this mean? I don't know yet, but it may mean no more K-25 D-8 or DS-8 by the end of 2002.
I am waiting for the final word on K-25 motion picture film from the Kodak
Professional Motion Imaging Support Center, but they were pretty clear about
the relationship between 35mm and movie stock. I will post again when I
hear back from them (hopefully later today).
Jim"
Aren't you tired of these almost monthly rumors?
/Pat
-
Huh, amazing how that works, Kodak slows down processing turnaround time to almost a standstill, then says demand for the product is low.
Kodak should have gotten into the Film transfer to Video business long ago.
It's a shame Rank Cintel Hogged the market by only making a few Super-8 gates available.
If you want to buy Super-8 Gates from Rank Cintel, You need to order five of them at $45,000 dollars each...
The Irony is you could make back your money in 2-3 years time for each gate put into rental.
What is needed is a retro-visionary with money to just buy the gates and make them available.
A Super-8 rank room at $ 150.00 hr could be kept busy round the clock in practically every part of the world.
The Super-8 Gate is the enabler.
-Alex
-
did'nt simon and garfunkel sing about kodachrome?
i think we need a t-shirt campaign...
-
IM assuming that Kodachrome 25 is the same as Kodachrome 40 film?
Even though I was prepared for this, I hate to see this happen.
Scott
-
I don't think just because they may get rid of the Kodachrome 25 for 8mm and double super8 they would get rid of Kodachrome 40. I mean they stopped making the Ektachrome 160, but there is now Ektachrome 7240 avaliable.
-
So Kodachrome 25 is different from Kodachrome 40, thats good news, for some reason I thought they were the same?? Kodachrome=Kodrachrome?
Kodak still makes film for 8mm cameras?
Man Im feeling kinda confused today, anybody else.
Scott
-
In Germany we have K25 daylight for S8 (not double S8) on 200 ft. reels, silent or sound striped, for the Beaulieu 200 ft. mag. The daylight sensibility is the same as K40 as it needs no filter. The color saturation is higher, the colors are "fresher" and the grain and resolution is finer. The problem is the price and the size of the mag...
Pedro
-
actually in Germany you have K25 in Double Super 8 and Double 8 just like anywhere else.
-
This may be bad news, but in Super-8, it's Kodachrome 25 if you use the filter and shoot outdoors, and it's Kodachrome 40 if you don't use the filter and shoot with artificial light.
So Kodachrome 40 is in actuality K-25 outdoor, or K-40 indoor.
-Alex
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited April 30, 2001).]
-
But are separate films marketed, one w/ a 25& one w/ a 40 ASA rating? Damned confusing.
I agree w/ Alex re the 25/40 shift, but browsing the Kodak site (once again) helps not whatsoever.
/Pat