2 Attachment(s)
Identifying Altec originals
Hi all,
Is the metal ring around the red and the black button in the first pic a factory original, or a replacement
- - - Updated - - -
The reason I ask is sometimes I see the buttons as in the second pic below, these are originals, and the red/black as you can see goes out more as compared to the previous post where you see the metal
Re: Identifying Altec originals
https://www.hostboard.com/forums/att...f2bfa11200-jpg
The binding posts seen within the first pic ( seen above ) appear to be JBL types >> while the binding posts in the second pic are Altec ( at least to my eyes ).
:)
Re: Identifying Altec originals
Date codes would need to be checked. Check your speakers against ones with similar codes. It's entirely possible different dates used different suppliers. Altec didn't make this part. It was outsourced.
Re: Identifying Altec originals
Thanks guys.
I am seeing a pair where the impedance rating for one driver says 11.01 and other is a 12.42. So that's best avoided?
The other pair has these non Altec binding posts. I assume that means the driver has been tampered with, and there is no point trying to plug in the Altec binding posts?
Thanks
Re: Identifying Altec originals
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bonzo75
Thanks guys.
I am seeing a pair where the impedance rating for one driver says 11.01 and other is a 12.42. So that's best avoided?
The other pair has these non Altec binding posts. I assume that means the driver has been tampered with, and there is no point trying to plug in the Altec binding posts?
Thanks
Small variations are normal. Those are OK for 16 Ohm drivers.
Re: Identifying Altec originals
https://www.hostboard.com/forums/att...f2bfa11200-jpg
The pictured binding-posts were certainly used by Altec on the 288-291G + H series drivers , as well as the first few runs of their ferrite-magnet replacements ( 288K-291K series ).
For some reason ( I suppose early am lack of caffeine , etc. ) I assumed this thread was specifically about the small format 1" exit drivers ( but after rereading the opening post I see there's no explicit mention of the smaller drivers ).
My bad!
:)