I'm going digital.
Super8 is just too expensive and I find MiniDV to be a lot cooler and more convienient.
Bye,
Corey
Printable View
I'm going digital.
Super8 is just too expensive and I find MiniDV to be a lot cooler and more convienient.
Bye,
Corey
good, more cameras for us.
You will see the error of your ways soon enough. Good Luck in the mean time.
super8 isn't for everyone. there's a lot of variables to account for when shooting film. i know a lot of shooters who became frustrated with film, turned to video and love it. it's a wonderful thing that there is a milleu for them.
super8 is the cheapest of the film formats. if you're not willing to pay the costs of super8 film, equipment and processing, i have little credence in your commitment to your work.
as far as dv being cooler... that's purely a subjective call. i won't attempt to persuade you otherwise. come back when you're ready to discuss something vaguely technical.
good luck in all your pursuits.
-ekoe.
hey,
to each, his own.
good luck man.
miguelito
Corey
Im leaving San Diego and heading back to L.A. to finish another semester at CSUN with $5 bucks in my wallet, and (hang on for a second while I look at my check book),...
$21 dollars in my checking, plus $10 in my savings.
I still haven't paid my next semester, nor books, and my next film that will be shot in 16mm (sound sync).
Yet I find a way.
I may be poor in my wallet, but Im rich in art!
Best wishes to you and may you have many adventures.
Scott
[This message has been edited by Hanthx (edited July 11, 2001).]
by the way Corey,
What kind of super-8 camera do you own and
what will you be doing with it now that
you are no longer interested in super-8???
I yust sold an Agfa Movexoom 10 via ebay to a DV music video maker who had tryed out S8 and fell in love with the film look!
Pedro
I don't think super 8 is expencive. It's worth every penny. I'm not a rich man myself, I put all my "loose" money to films and gear.
What's the money for? Saving?
If you want to make videos, do it! I make films 'cos I want to. No matter what.
M
contact local bands and offer to shoot a music video for them(they pay)..your camera and time..but you get to shoot film...
Neil
JOCKO FILMS