-
Since my brain is dried up, this is my challenge/request to all. Think up something that you think would be really cool to film, but you don't have time to do it/don't want to do it/don't have the idea fully developed. Post ideas here. It could be a big brainstorming session.
Just an idea.
------------------
-
A film about a person that can't think of anything to make a film about and walks about the neighborhood with their mind so intent on the blank page they carry, that they don't notice all the incredible happenings around them that would, in itself, be terrific fodder for a film.
Hows that! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif
Roger
-
and the sequel would be the filmmaker is given a great idea like that one and simply says....
"Naw, I want a really great idea".
-Alex
------------------
-
Yes. I am reminded of a terrific cartoon that an associate had printed on the back of his business card. He was in sales, you see, and he had a cartoon that showed a HUGE army of soldiers in armor and lances, ready for the Cruades. All these men were on horseback in the distance beyond the King's tent in the foreground. Nearest the viewer, but out of sight of the King, was a salesman with a big tripod mounted machine gun and a sales slip. The King is seen on the distant side of the tent, chewing out his assistant, exclaiming,"I don't have time to meet with any salesman! I've got a battle to fight!"
Roger
-
how about someone who finds that his dreams begin to interact with reality rather than vice-versa. The person starts to do incredible and impossible things, and it becomes clear that they have stumbled upon some kind of state that no one believed possible where dreams can become real.
- I dunno I just tried to think of something on the spot to give you.
Alex.
------------------
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexGfromUK:
how about someone who finds that his dreams begin to interact with reality rather than vice-versa. The person starts to do incredible and impossible things, and it becomes clear that they have stumbled upon some kind of state that no one believed possible where dreams can become real.
- I dunno I just tried to think of something on the spot to give you.
Alex.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
....Until finally they discover that they have become a movie on a movie shelf.
Uh, what's the budget again?
-Alex
------------------
-
There are book's devoted to famous short stories...I've often thought taking a short story written by a well known author would be interesting fodder for a movie-making short.
Many published short stories by well known authors have not been read by the public at large, so you get a well written story that will appear original when you show it.
The stories usually revolve around one or two locations, and the characters are usually few but well developed.
(of course, do credit the author...and if you hope to sell the movie, you need a release or to pay for the use of the story)
-Alex
------------------
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 26, 2001).]
-
Hey,great idea's but..where are the car chases and shoot outs with the terrorists..and of course the topless girl..I like alexUK idea..it reminds me of the old chinese story about a man sleeping under a tree dreaming he was a butterfly..but when he awoke he couldn't remember if he was a man dreaming he was a butterfly....or...if he was a butterfly dreaming he was a man...
Neil
JOCKO FILMS
------------------
-
^^^ there you go, that could be the prologue-type title screen before the film starts!
------------------
-
I think you have to realize something about asking filmmakers for story ideas:
1. Some of them are not so brilliant, and are basically wannabees, so either they have No ideas, or STUPID ideas.
2. Those with good ideas are going to keep them for themselves for a future project of their own!
Are you referring to stories, or just cool visual ideas, like FX shots of some type or somthing?
Matt Pacini
------------------