-
Bad news. It appears the people hosting my website have gone out of business without any kind of warning and gwailofilms.co.uk has disappeared without trace.
To say I'm seriously fucking hacked off is an understatement, but please bare with my violent moodswings as I attempt to rebuild the site elsewhere.
Thanks to everyone who has visited. I hope you'll all come back when it returns.
------------------
The future is here:-
www.gwailofilms.co.uk
-
Sorry to hear of your troubles, yes, I too would be seriously hacked off. I have a few names of websites offering free space if you want them - also there a few names on ebay offering cheap web hosting from ?10 upwards.
However, with your bad experience I suppose you will be looking for a host that has a little more muscle; with that in mind the "Internet" mags usually have a top 10 of hosters - but, hey, I s'pose you knew that already. As I said, I am sorry to hear of your loss, I hope you have backups.
Perhaps this a lesson to all of us, just becuase all our web pages are on someone elses webspace "It don't mean it's safe!"
I think I will go and do a quick backup!!
Pryce
------------------
http://prycejones.com/film/
-
The hosting service is still there (assuming you were using DKB and not that they swiped the name of your previous host). It appears as though your account may have been suspended.
What did you have on it, again? Total space required and biggest file size would be 2 of the major questions.
Budget is a factor for most of us as well as what you're making your pages with.
------------------
[This message has been edited by Thread Killa (edited September 30, 2001).]
-
just a short note to say that www.freeservers.com offers a range of sites with a .8m.com or .8k.net name or whatever, i have been using them for a while and they are fast and reliable. check my site aty www.rebellion-pictures.8m.net and see.
hope this has been of help
------------------
-
oops, forgot to mention that its free... pretty important that one i guess.
later.
------------------
-
There's a number of free servers: http://www.tripod.com (50 megs) http://www.150m.com (150 megs) http://www.8m.com (20 megs)
The thing is what do they come with? Some of them have ridiculous amounts of pop-up ads. Others only work with specific editors.
Since you'll probably want to put clips on it something that only allows viewers to download up to 1 meg isn't going to be that useful to you.
For a couple of dollars many of these sites do have upgrades.
------------------
-
the place I host my site on is pretty reasonable.
visit www.oneandone.co.uk for details
or you could take out a new ISP and use the freespace, BT offers 50Mb with it's Anytime account (?14.99 a month for 24/7).
------------------
-
Gwailo,
Sorry about that.
It's all my fault. I should never have been on your website.
I am cursed, you see.
I have been haunted by this curse since I was a wee lad, and that fateful trip to Alton Towers (3 coaches set off for Alton Towers; Only 1 arrived).
Why do you think this board keeps going down?
I promise I won't go on anyone's website again...
cheers
paul
------------------
BAD EYE - Coming Soon www.curtin-parloe.co.uk/badeye Curtin Parloe 2001
-
ah haaaaaaaaaa
so it was you Paul, I thought so.!!
Anyway what about this film script then... 2 coaches never appear and 50 young children never see the light of day again. The evil dark curse wreakes havoc on the young population of a small town thus depriving the adults of Newtown-on-Sea of ever seeing their loved ones again. But wait, what lurks in the dark shadows of the Motorway Service Station Restaurant.... it's not, oh yes it is, it's "Black-Paul". The gruby youth lozacks by (my mum used to say I lozacked around), dirty face, dirty knees, pockets full of things no one would even dare to ask and his trusty faithfull gang skullking at his side (mum said I skulled too!). Black-Paul had a coach sized distributor Cap in his hand and an evil grin on his face... A high pitched scratchy laugh shrilled over the land.
(Cof's) Sorry Got carried away, that's the trouble with us arty types.
Pryce
------------------
http://prycejones.com/film/
-
Not bad, not bad.
I might go with the curse plot though...
1890. Albert Anderton heaves back the heavy stone door to reveal the tomb. He dives left, avoiding the swinging blade. He breathes a sigh of relief, little knowing that the curse has already taken hold...
He leaves the ziggurat, clutching the delicate artifact, trips over a tree root and drops it, smashing it to bits.
1980s. Paul Anderton, great great grandson, arrives at York Minster, stepping over thick electricity cables.
PAUL: Wow! At least it isn't closed like Trafalgar Square was when I visited that!
Two Days Later. Smoke begins to rise from the Minster.
1990. Paul sits with the other pupils learning Russian for the School Holiday to Moscow. A teacher comes in.
TEACHER: Sorry kids, The russian goverment has frozen its borders to tourists...
THE ANDERTON CURSE - A TRUE STORY
cheers
paul
------------------
BAD EYE - Coming really, really Soon, Honestly! www.curtin-parloe.co.uk/badeye Curtin Parloe 2001