-
Hi Everyone, new to the board and I was wondering:
1. Has anyone made a musical?
2. Any tips on making musicals?
3. Any tips for getting the songs pre-recorded by the actors, so that they can lip sing during production?
Any help would be appreciated.
------------------
-
TEC. tips no; however if I were going to do a musical I would start with the visual images and let the music evolve from there.
THE WORST example is the remake of Little Shop of Horrors.
Camp?
On the other hand I need the music to see the images.
Heavy Metal circa 1980 is a prime example of a soundtrack and a film that just didn't mesh due to editing. Or perhaps I just did not get it.
Titan AE either made the same mistakes or was attempting to follow in footsteps
------------------
-
Are you kidding, Ralph? Little Shop of Horrors in best musical ever! It's a piss take of all those over-sugary shows of the 50's and 60's. Have you actually listened to "Suddenly, Seymour"? It's hilarious! A shame that Menken and Ashman turned to the Darkside (Disney), but that's life, I guess.
Anyway, the subject of musicals. Having shot and edited our college's production of Grease last year, I can say that it should be easy as long as you have a good choregrapher and CONTINUITY PERSON. I can't stress that last point enough.
There's a video clip from it on my website, in the Film Projects section. Link below.
I can't help about the pre-recording though. I'm a big Little Shop... fan,and I too want to do a musical, but it's the pre-recording bit that holding me back.
------------------
For weird and crazy crap, visit my homepage, at http://www.untamedaggression.iofm.net
-
I wrote a short musical for a joke.
All you gotta remember is, the storyline doesn't have to be anything specific, the main characters have to snog at the end, and, the bad guy dies. Oh, and you have to write your own music or you will suffer copyright stuff.
Take a look at Grease (the musical, not the film). It has an awful storyline, and and even more awful ending, yet it still made millions.
http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
Mods
------------------
Mark "Mods" Lovegrove
-
sounds like I hit a nerve.
------------------
-
Ain't nothin' wrong with "Little Shop...". I played the plant a few years ago on stage, I'll have you know.
A friend of mine is writing a musical/rock opera about a guy who wakes up in a world without potatoes and goes on to invent chips. I can't wait to make it!
------------------
"There's no moral... It's just a bunch of stuff that happens."
www.gwailofilms.co.uk
-
Too right.
------------------
For weird and crazy crap, visit my homepage, at http://www.untamedaggression.iofm.net