-
Hey y'all,
The preimere of "Exceptional Youngsters" went well. Definitley some good vibes.
Even though i've been out of film school for a week (with killer flu btw, anyone got some lemsip?), I got my directorial brief.
"1-3 MINS. INTERIOR. BUILD SUSPENSE. USE OF PROPS AND MUSIC, BUT NO ACTORS. INCLUDE A VISULA PUNCHLINE."
Comments/Ideas/rants?
PS Cant beleive I'm still no1 Thousanth. Despin is doing everything in his power to throw me off the top spot.
------------------
Watch your back Mr Jordan!
-
Haven't re-drafted yet, so you have afew minutes to make me mad.
Sorry, but I am a virtual graveyard of ideas.
------------------
My hit list, second draft:
1. Generic 2. Chance1234 3. ilpostino 4. Ralph Snart 5. andy_winton 6. Kathy S. 7. Littlerich 8. foolmaster 9. Wolfwood 10. GrizzAdams
-
its almost as if thousanth has found his true calling in life
------------------
www.5ylac.s5.com
-
C'mon Thousanth-you have no ideas on suspense? The only thing i can think of so far.
Shot in a studio with edgy lighting. With porcelin dolls for some reason.
------------------
Watch your back Mr Jordan!
-
Genny- so many possibilities- think how much atmosphere music could add to your piece. Think of creeping dark shadows. Think of a dusty old room. It doesn?t need to be a persons shadow but imagine the sun moving too fast or a moving light (say a car going past the window or a swinging lampshade)- creating eerie shadows that move along. A ticking clock. A boiling kettle. Though you can?t use actors- you can create a presence- creaking floorboards, things blowing in the wind. Strange sounds, doors slamming. Keep cutting to a central object that is somehow creating this atmosphere. A smashed photo in a frame, an item of jewellery, a letter. Not sure about the visual punch line- but it could be something that either takes away or explains the atmosphere.
Hope that helps
Kathy
PS- you could always go the sock route. They aren?t actors as such! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif
------------------
-
All good ideas Kath, thanks. You're the only one who cares. My biggest problem is that I have to shoot on campus....which rules out all the cool locations I could've picked around Dublin.
I got have a production package by Monday, so my working Idea is to set up the studio like a serial killers lair. The camera as the eyes of a girl who has accidentally stumbled in. Shots of polaroids, dolls and stuff. I got some cool music, and I think ordinary stuff like kettles and jewelary is v good. I got myself a decent lighting kit anyway.
Any ideas on gels? Right now I'm thinking blue.
I'd really appreciate any thoughts...
------------------
Watch your back Mr Jordan!
-
Sounds interesting. Would you do it as a continious shot? It would take a lot of planning to get a 3 or 4 min shot. Are you shooting on film. Can you use a steady cam or something like one.
Keep it dark- slots of light coming through- focusing on certain objects. Try and get a smoke machine. don't do it really thick- waft it about a bit to pick up the light- it could really add a proffesional touch to the film. Go crazy and add different pools of colour- film school is a good chance to experiment with different looks. It might look nice a bit washed out- I see dark blues and greens. Maybe a cigerette still smoking in an astray- to add to the element of danger that the girl is in.
I think people on this board are too busy being grumpy and making silly lists to care http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif Though at least i can be number 2- so thats not too bad
K
------------------
-
I only make my list so I don't have to expell my rage in other ways. Ways that will end me up in the emergency room.
Speaking of Grumpy, Despin needs to take some Happy pills orsomthin' cuse he seems to think I am major burr under his collective saddle.
------------------
My hit list, third draft.
1. Despin Entertainment 2. Kathy S. 3. Skin 4. Chance1234 5. Littlerich 6. miker 7. foolmaster 8. Mods 9. eddie 10. GrizzAdams
[This message has been edited by Thousanth (edited November 07, 2001).]
-
I think I finally have found my ture calling, Chance. I was ment to sit at my computer and make lists of annoying people, its a dream come true!
Plus everytime I make this list, I get to annoy Despin a little bit more.
------------------
My hit list, third draft.
1. Despin Entertainment 2. Kathy S. 3. Skin 4. Chance1234 5. Littlerich 6. miker 7. foolmaster 8. Mods 9. eddie 10. GrizzAdams
-
Hey there.
BORING, SAD AND POINTLESS? I think so.
Despin out.
------------------
"Ive got bad feeling about this."