I am looking into classes on learning about doing effects,I want to make like starterk & Starwars movies """With my own ideas"""I know nothing about Computer Graphics.Is it hard to learn and does it take years.
Printable View
I am looking into classes on learning about doing effects,I want to make like starterk & Starwars movies """With my own ideas"""I know nothing about Computer Graphics.Is it hard to learn and does it take years.
Try Blender from http://www.blender.nl It's free and very powerful but its quirky user interface needs to get accustomed to. I'd say it'll take you about half a year to master it perfectly. For creating stunning sceneries and spaceships - well, that's pretty much up to you and your talent / effort...
Are you working with Blender Assyrix?
Do you have anything you've done online?
No, I haven't. I'm using it usually for 3D-titles on my SGI - pretty mundane stuff to be honest.
I'm playing with blender. It's very
impressive for 'free', but I'm still
in two minds about it. I'm trying to
do some character animation with it.
But I'm not sure if 'Animation Master'
might be better www.hash.com (I think).
Other alternatives POV (www.povray.org),
3D Studio, Houdini, etc.
I'd recommend using something like blender
to get your feet wet, and understand the
'how's and 'why's. Then maybe go for a
more 'professional' package as you require.
fun,
andy
http://www.wintonfilms.co.uk/