-
I have written a script, I have a complete storyboard, I have a cast, I have a set, I have a director of photography, a sound and light technician and a camera. All for the price of a few beers and a plate of pasta. Rehearsals are going well and a few minor scenes have already been shot. I am looking to have the film completed by mid to late April. When I have the film made and I am happy with it, I want people to see it. How do I go about this exactly? Are there agents in the UK that will take on film makers and try and sell the film to production companies? Or am I best walking into Channel Four Films for example and setting up a TV and show my film to anyone who will watch? Does anyone know of any contacts that I can send my film stills or a trailer to? My film will be approx. 45mins in length and with a little luck the website: www.justkillingtime-themovie.co.uk will be up and running in some form or other this week. I will be very grateful for any help you can give me.
Keep smiling - live the dream
Dave
------------------
-
I'm not to familar with how the British film Industry works( allthough I do think yer all a talented bunch of brokes http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif) But I do know in the States it's pretty dam hard to sell short films.
I don't know how possible it is for you, but maybe you should think about making it closer to 90 minutes then 45.just because your chances of getting picked up by a station or a distrubutor will be much higher if it's closer to a feature length film.
As for getting people to look at it, I don't think that wil be too much of a problem. People are allways on the lookout for the next big thing.
[This message has been edited by seekaee (edited February 24, 2002).]
-
As mentioned above, you probably will not be able to sell a 45min film. If you just want to get it seen, send it of to film festivals. There is probably a list of film festival somewhere on the net. Or you could send it to one of those video steaming sites, such as atomfilms.com or alwaysi.com.
------------------
-
Try filmfour they're always showing shorts on there channel on sky or you could try this agent:
http://www.amandahowardassociates.co.uk/
hope this helps
------------------
"We just rolled up a snowball and tossed it into Hell. Now we'll see if it has a chance" - Ethan Hunt from M:I-2
-
boy that's a tough call, making a brilliant 45 minute film, or potentially diluting it into a 90 minute film.
I say go with the strongest story. If you feel you can't make it any longer than 45 minutes, then don't.
If it's good, someone will find a place for it...sure looks like it would fit nicely into
a one hour time slot with commercials thrown in.
------------------
Alex
-
Thanks everyone for your help and advice. I feel more confident and inspired to make the film I want to make.
Chillin like a villain
Dave
------------------
-
Try 'Fox Searchlight' - the independant division of Twentieth Century Fox. I think they may only buy feauture lengh movies but try your luck. If not, Channel 4 and the BBC are always looking for films to show on a night. I have a book somewhere with contact addresses. I will have a look for it - its a god of a book for film making. But I can't find it - good thing the knowledge is stored on B-drive (Brain). http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
------------------
If there's a big screen movie maker to ever come outta Yorkshire, may it be me