-
I've seen a few people here using POVray for some 3D compositing work, but I was wondering if there were any low budget film makers using RenderMan.
Of course it helps that I have a website dedicated to RenderMan on the cheap http://www.rendermania.com http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
Simon
------------------
www.rendermania.com
ICQ 11123737
-
AMORPHIUM has something called rendering. It involves moving a 3D object like a star ship or a cartoon animal, I THINK.
I have not had the the time to do much but glance at the book and load the program. it is something I am itching to try.
advice on circumventing problems.
or using this concept with the chroma key in video wave 3?
-
Amorphium isn't a bad modeller http://www.amorphium.com/ if you can get used to it and a nice way into 3D. Rendering is basically getting anything onto a computer screen, although usually it's associated with producing an image from a computer generated 3D scene (models, material, lights etc)
The one I'm using is RenderMan (well BMRT as it's a completely renderer that does a lot of things better [url]http://www.exluna.com/bmrt/[url])
Although something like Amorphium is a better way into it as it's far easier (although less powerful when you really get into it) introduction to the process.
Can save you a hell of a lot of money too if you can set a really elaborate scene up in the computer instead of paying a fortune for a real set/actors.
Of course you do pay in the time and effort learning what to do, but it's well worth it.
cheers
Simon http://www.rendermania.com/