-
Both of it works. Style with no substance / Substance with no style.
If I'd have to chose I'd go for style with no substance, because substance with no style tends to bore me...
Sure, best would be a nice mix of both aspects.
Did this help? I doubt it http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
------------------
ThomasB
http://www.biennavista.com
-
Hi,
There are four things, you must remember.
1. Educate.
2. Inform.
3. Shock.
4. Entertain.
You are not required to use all of them in the same movie, some people have been known to leave them all out.
However, I can't remember those films! for some strange reason?
As far as style goes, you have ether got it or you ain't.
Jim Bird.
[This message has been edited by Jim Bird (edited December 12, 2001).]
-
The age old question...
Both are important but substance is DEFINITELY of greater importance than style.
Styles come and go like the changing weather. However, a work with substance will withstand the changing climate. Just look around you for the evidence.
------------------
-
Which is more important? There has been very few shorts which have a total original idea which I will remember. And the styles are mostly knock-offs of Tarantino movies. There is nothing worse than a movie you forget in one nights sleep.
------------------
I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING
-
Personally I'd go for both. But define style. Personally I get bored with movies such as Matrix with all their flashy effects. I forgot everything about that movie by next morning.
But I consider a movie such as JFK to have style, as well as the obvious substance.
------------------
-
Hi,
Is substance another name for content?
Jim Bird.
------------------
-
is this really a worth while question?
------------------
I told him not to jump...so he didn't. Damn! Don't you hate anti-climaxes.
-
Substance and Syle are equally important. You'll likely forget a stylish film that lacks any intresting content. Whereas films with substance and little visual style bore you to the point where you don't give a damn anymore.
------------------
"Welcome to the Black Lagoon - Please wipe your feet."
-
let me put the record straight: GOOD Substance or GOOD stlye? i assume thats what you meant? well it doesn't matter as long as you have one of them.
------------------
-
I personally think Matrix had a lot of substance, but people get so used to criticizing special effects movies that they just automatically rag on it. Matrix had a great and well thought out story.
------------------