-
I just saw Aronosky's PI and I think that it is quite possibly one of the most original movies i have ever seen. It is a new addition to my top 5 movies. I haven't seen REQUEIM FOR A DREAM, but my best guess is that it is a good movie too.
A QUESTION:
How do you get those shots where it seems that everything in the background is moving while Max is being relatively still
------------------
"Personal Note: When I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare at the sun; so once when i was six, i did."
-Maxamillian Cohen in Pi
[This message has been edited by Kristofer (edited December 19, 2001).]
-
I never tried it but I also wonder how this is done.
Maybe you just move the camera closer to the character while zooming out.
------------------
ThomasB
http://www.biennavista.com
-
Im pretty sure it is done using a home made camera support that the actor wears, with the camera pointing at his face. Either that or he is just holding the camera pointing at him.
------------------
-
Hey there.
I think they strap the camera to his chest via some kind of mount. The camera is then focused on the characters face. Then when he moves around its locked down.
Despin out.
------------------
"Ive got bad feeling about this."
-
Hey there.
And as for Aronofsky he did well to get PI made on such a small budget. Now hes gonna make Batman Year one. I heard he wants to have a Jive Talkin Black Alfred. What da fuck.
Despin out.
------------------
"Ive got bad feeling about this."
-
i heard that David Boreanaz (Angel) was going to play batman in that, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Requiem for a Dream now that was one cheery film!
------------------
-
Boreanaz could hardly play another superhero type. All batman actors were crap anyway...so why not give it to him if he wanted it?
Are you guys talking about the "Jaws" shot, where the guy stays where he is and the backround behind him moves? put the camera on a trolley move it back WHILE zooming in. Hey presto.
Pi is a good movie, but if it's in your top 5 than you haven't seen enough films.
------------------
How many bones has a body got? A child's got more bones than a grown ups got. And that's a natural law!
-
Yeah- my camera man made one of those things using an old tripod and a plank of wood. Looked pretty cool as well- though I didn't use it in my film
Kathy
------------------
-
Didn't Scoresse use that technique first in Mean Street, you know the bit in the bar when Harvey Kietel was drunk? I'm sure he called it the plank of wood technique.
------------------
Your'll never eat a minted lamb bagel with onions in this town again!
-
Hey there.
Are you guys talking about a stretch (a push in, zoom out or vise versa) like in Vertigo/Jaws/Goodfellas and countless other movies. Or the shot like the one used in Lock Stock when Eddie losed the card game when hes walking and he is in dead center of the frame and walking about but the world is moving around behind him. This is also used to great effect in Bound when Ceaser finds out the money is gone.
Despin out.
------------------
"Ive got bad feeling about this."