-
I am thinking about obtaining a Super8 camera because I've heard that they aren't that expensive. But where do I get film from and most importantly, what do I use to edit and how does it work!?
------------------
" what did i tell you, what did I say to you?
I said buy the roadmap and leave...."
-
http://www.super8sound.com
This place will ship stock anywhere for around $30.00 inc. processing...so you buy it..shoot...send it back and they put it on VHS for you (telecine)and you can edit on a computer...GREAT service, great people!
Later,
J16MM
-
Usually places that sell Super 8 cameras will alos sell the cartridges to go with them.. or order the from places like "Blanx" ( aka The FilmStock Center) in London - phone 0207 494 2244 for a catalogue.
I'm sure Kodak also do mail order but I cant find their number right now.
-
Super 8 Sound
That's all you need to know right there...trust me!
LAter,
Brandon
-
i don't know anything about super 8 sound, except that their reputation isn't that good in the super 8 community (again, i don't know why) and that they're very expensive ($30 is actually $33 and the telecine is not included in that). buy your film (kodachrome) from kodak, process it with a pk59 mailer from http://www.adoramacamera.com/ and you will be down to $16 (still no telecine though).
for editing, you either use a viewer and a splicer (pick them up at ebay for $30 or something) or you transfer the film to video and use vcr to vcr or nle to edit as you would video.
-
hey, thanks for the info guys. I actually got hold of a super8 camera today, I have never seen one before but I got it and it's tiny!!! is it supposed to be small with a place to put the cartridges in? and it has no sound either..... is that what super8's are like!??????
-
The drama unfolds, what happened!
------------------
Discuss This...<A HREF="http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=&number=30" TARGET=_blank>
Super-8 Filmmaking in the Digital Age...</A>
-
Try boots, for kodachrome 40, if your local one doesnt stock it, either try another local one, or ask them to get it in for you.
It's about 12-14 GBP, and includes processing in the UK. I cant remember for certain, but I think I've seen Kodachrome 40 in the new Boots in Spalding, although I dont know how far away from there you are.
------------------
'Cause of death... at this time, unknown...'
'Unknown? What the..? He's had his fuckin' head sliced off!'