-
<font size=4>Pay It Forward?</font>
It's a film based around an idea, or a "movement" as they called in the movie. It is called pay it forward, and the whole concept of it is to somehow change the world... even just in a small way.
If someone does something nice for you, instead of paying it back, PAY IT FORWARD... to three different people. In return, those people pay it forward to three different people. And so forth and so on. Soon enough, there is a whole line of people that have done nice things and somehow changed a life.
My questions is... do you think it could really work? Would you do it? HONESTLY? One guy gave his brand new Jag away to some kid who's car got smashed. Its a little far fetched. But it set the wheel in motion.
I think, if I truely believed that everyone along the line would honestly "pay it forward" that I would probably do it. But it is so hard to say until you are actually in that position.
What do YOU think?
------------------
....constanly listening to the sound of life....surfing on sound waves and smiling bright...
~((RESONANCE2000))~
The Sonic Lounge
-
I already do. I give monthly money to Sight Savers International. Its an organisation that saves the sight of people in third world countries from various sight deseases. The cures are simple and cheap. I help save at the least one childs sight a month http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
------------------
I will carry you through, kicking and screaming, and in the end you will thank me.
The FightClub Forum
www.dafunks2000.com
-
I've been paying forward most of my life and I was miserable as hell. Now I'm a bastard and life is resonably good to me. Go figure.
------------------
"What do sheep count when they want to sleep?"
"What do butterflies feel when they're in love?"
Reality according to Lieutenant: "Out with the new, in with the old"
-
ok then... i guess no one has seen the movie has an opinion on this topic... sheesh... and here I was... trying to get deep and shit. *L*
------------------
....constanly listening to the sound of life....surfing on sound waves and smiling bright...
~((RESONANCE2000))~
The Sonic Lounge