-
My clutch just went on my '95 Integra GSR... I had to driv ehome without one. Lots of rolling starts at redlights after I had to stop and it wouldn't go in gear.
Places want from $475-$800 for clutch brands I've never heard of installed. "Luck" and "Dayton" were two brands I was told. I'd rather get a Clutchmasters, or a cheaper Clutch specialties and install it myself.
My question is: how difficult is a clutch install? I guess I'd have to get the flywheel resurfaced and everythings. I don't have a lift, but I have a couple of jacks and jackstands I can borrow. I have a Helm manual. I installed my own CAI and headers.
-
thats funny,my clutch is going south also.im gonna be changing my clutch too.i asked shops how much just for the labor,they all say 400,and my clutchmaster stage 4 is on the way.i want to do mine also,i tore down a toyota supra turbo down to the block and rebuilt it(blown head gasket),so i think ill be able to change the freakin' clutch.but im in the same boat as you,ive never done a clutch.maybe somebody can help us with info on the ins and outs,hard spots and hard areas during the removal and install,things to watch out for,etc..
i would like to know also,anybody got any info to help out a couple fellow brodas'.
thanks,
------------------
94 civic EX coupe/b18c1
JRSC @ 10 psi
12.7 @ 109
-
I've done several clutches before in several rear-wheel drive (RWD) cars. They were pretty easy. Generally, I think a RWD clutch is easier to change.
The Hondas/Acuras though are FWD and I did not want to learn how to do it by using my daily driver (2000 Civic Si). The shop charged me $250 and let me watch the install. It really was not that bad. I think I could have done it pretty easily if I had access to the right stuff. If you don't have access to a lift, you need to get the car as high as possible so that you'll have some leverage under there. Doing the clutch install without a lift does not look very easy.
Sonny
-
i like to do everything myself if at all possible. only because labor charges are soooo outrageous these days. unfortunately i've never done a clutch and i'm wanting to upgrade mine soon. if anyone has tackled one hopefully they can tell us whats involved.
-
Here's a step-by-step with pics on how to do it:
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/b...ch/clutch.html
HTH
-
A clutch install on Civics and Integras is about as easy as it gets. We did my stage 3 when we had the engine out for the blower install and tranny install. The guy who is over our shop can do a tranny install and clutch install in around 3 hours start to finish taking his time (emphasis) all while doing a good job. Just be sure to get your flywheel resurfaced to the specs set forth in the clutch kit. My boss sells clutchmasters clutches if you have any questions give him a call. His name is Larry Jr. @ Import Auto Salvage 1-800-962-8922. He can help you out a heck of a lot. I now he has me. I am not making a business plug here but Larry will help out. He is a good guy. Good luck....
------------------
'92 CX B18B JRSC @6psi
ITR tranny Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch to many other mods to list
Visit my employer's Web Site for all your Honda and Acura needs....
http://www.importautosalvage.com