-
as in Terri Lynn Carington. She's playing at Cafe Cordiale on Dec 18th with Victor Bailey on bass!
The full line-up is Wayne Linsey, Victor Bailey, Tarigh Akoni, Terri Lynn Carrington, Kevin Ricard.
Terri Lynn and Victor should be really great together.
-
Thanks for that. Sounds like a good show.
-
Anybody going?
I'll be there with my wife and some friends. You can look for the 2 Asian couples (one couple all in black) eating dinner.
Danny
-
Can't make it, but next Saturday the 27th Chris Brady and I are going to the House of Blues to see STYX. If anyone is up to seeing Todd Sucherman slamm the night away.
I just saw the clinic he did at MI and he just killed it.
-
What do tixs goes for? I'm interested.
-
Chris said they were around 65.00, kind of pricey. So, I understand not wanting to fork over that kind of cash, but maybe a hang at Downtown Disney before the gig? Anyone wants to drive down. I will be coming from SIMI.
-
She's great. I saw the last couple of dvds of her with Herbie and she justs rocks. Ah, I mean swings. I mean funks. I mean... You know what I mean.
She's mean........
-
I just saw a special on BET Jazz with TLC and her band. They were playing at Lincoln Center in NY.
They interviewed her and showed the band playing around 5 or 6 tunes.
I love the way she plays. Great chops and feel.
However, I liked some of her tunes, but they didn't kill me....sorry TLC if you read this. I kept waiting for her to let go, but it didn't happen (at least for what I saw).
Another note:
She holds the sticks more toward the center of the stick for balance. You don't see a lot of that lately.
Keep your eye on BET, they will probably show it again.
-
What a fun show! VERY different than any show I've seen at Cordiale. The entire place was mostly African-American and the music reflected the crowd. It was VERY much grooving. TLC was sick, so she only played one tune, but it was great. Lots of guests up to play. Just a big party all the way around.
Danny
-
Thanks Danny for posting a review. I always wanted to see TLC play live because I have heard good things about her playing.