I have some super 8 film that I plan on transfering to DVD. Before I start transfering I was wanting to clean and condition the film. I am looking for imformation on the best way I can do this.
Printable View
I have some super 8 film that I plan on transfering to DVD. Before I start transfering I was wanting to clean and condition the film. I am looking for imformation on the best way I can do this.
Hello Heavenly Keys. It's an honor to have your first Hostboard post!
I only have a moment right now but if you use the search function on this forum and type in cleaning Super-8 you should get a topic or two to show up.
Try this link.
Cleaning and lubricating film
I use "Anti-Stat Film Cleaner" by Edwal..it is the tetrachloroethylene type, the bottle says it cleans and Lubricates...it works very well, I didn't know about the rubber glove part, I'll have to start wearing those. It dries pretty fast, so I clean an area, wait a few secs for it to dry, then move onto the next area...
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeyB:
[QB]I use "Anti-Stat Film Cleaner" by Edwal"...
Any idea if Edwal has a website, or if this cleaner can be purchased online?
I did a Google search and Edwal seemed to turn up quite a bit. B & H photo appears to have it, as do other mail order houses.
Maybe someone has a concrete link. Make that a nerf link, around here one never knows. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]