-
Well just like the topic says, my car is seeing boost in neutral. I can move the bypass by hand, and it moves like when we originally did the install. I first noticed this when I was revmatching for a 4th to 2nd downshift, and I heard the SC amking its whining noise. Then today, with the car in neutral, I slowly gave it enough gas to build boost, and it got up to 5psi before I let off. The only changes I have recently made are changing from a cold air intake to a short hot air intake. I couldn't see how this would affect it though.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I will take a closer look tonight after I get off work.
------------------
SC'd GSR
www.Strng1dah.Homestead.com
http://strng1dah.homestead.com/files/car7.jpg
-
I can build boost on my sc when I have it in neutral and press the gas fast and hard, but not slowly.
------------------
95 civic EX coupe, JDM B16 in the works...
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc:
You shouldn't be able to make boost in neutral. The car must be under load to make boost.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmm can you tell my blower that? Oh well, I bet I can rev my engine the fastest. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
-
Boost in neutral? That's nothing... I can get Safeguard activity in neutral!
Actually, I can get up to about 5psi boost by revving.
------------------
Greg Holden
96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
Best 1/4 ==> 13.937 @ 101.41mph (at 6psi)
My JRSC Install Site
-
Mine goes to full boost in neutral. No problem, WOT or light
-
You shouldn't be able to make boost in neutral. The car must be under load to make boost.
------------------
Marc
1997 Civic EX
The supercharger is gone and so is my civic. Damn thieves!
Want to know why I got rid of the JRSC? http://crx.honda-perf.org/horror/jrsc.html
Coming soon: A new member to the 12 second club.
-
Well, I only get boost in neutral if I floor it, but it drops back down immediately to vaccuum.
However, I did hit 5PSI with my cruise control. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
-
So this shit is normal???? I just noticed that I can do it too but I don't think it would do it before I put the lightned flywheel in. I jumped in and looked at the guage and was like WTF http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/eek.gif!!!!!
------------------
98 GS-scR w/ 11psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Endyn Kamikazi header, Godspeed testpipe, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S Ultra safeguard v1, RC 370's, Cartech FMU, Vortech regulator, Apex-i
V-AFC, H&R sports and KYB AGX's,ITR LSD, JR flywheel, Clutch Specialties stage 4, MSD digital 6 & HVC coil, Endyn stepper pulley, NX nitrous and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down.
Best et ==>13.6 @ 103mph w/ 2.3 60ft on Nitto drag radials @ 8psi of boost
-
huh? kinda wierd, although I guess I am not too worried about it now that I know other people are having the same thing and have had their chargers for a while.
-
This is how JRSC'd cars can fail smog in California. If the smog man hits the gas too hard and boost kicks in, the car will not pass because the FMU will begin dumping in mad amounts of fuel.
Before you go to get the car smogged, lock the bypass open and bypass the FMU. The car should behave just like it did before the blower. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
Sonny
------------------
Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
2000 Supercharged Civic Si @ 6psi
1999 Tonykart/Honda 80cc Shifter