-
I can't get enough of that Jing Chi album. The more I listen to Vinnie, the more I am impressed with his groove and his feel. I've been really getting into the stuff he just grooves on like the new Chris Botti cd. Of course, I still love to hear all the crazy licks, but man his groove is awesome. I am also really impressed with these tunes. Jimmy Haslip is so solid on bass and is playing great on this album and Robben Ford is as tasty as ever. Anyway, I was up late last night with the headphones on cranking this cd from start to finish and I thought I would share. It is a must buy if for no other reason than to hear three very mature musicians really getting it done.
------------------
-
Hi Timmy..thanks for joining the forums!
I couldnt agree more as you can tell from my news post about it.
The shit in that TRAIN SONG just is so friggin tasty. Especially the hi hat work.
------------------
webmaster,
www.houseofdrumming.com
-
Hooray for Steve and the MP3 of the Train Song... Agreed on all of your opinions, and the MP3 pushed me over the edge and had me go out and get the CD last night... Holy s**t that's some tasty-ass drummin'. It appears someone on Amazon.com doesn't agree with us, saying that Vinnie doesn't get the show-off time that he deserves... Hey, guy, maybe Vinnie's already done it, and just wants to play for a purpose now, he can do that, you know...
------------------
If everyone wishing to play like Vinnie or Dave could, it wouldn't give us anything to work for.
-
'The Train Song' demonstrates one of the many elements I love about Vinnie's playing:
His super cool hi-hat stuff. How he gets that stuff so smooth and in the pocket is what keeps me up at night. I don't want to sound like one of those 'less is more' guys, who like to keep it simple as an excuse not to work on their craft but, 'Aurora' is pretty cool too. You may not think so until you try to play along to it. It's got that Rick Marotta consistent 55 mph groove that just doesn't move an inch. What can I say, I love the whole thing.
------------------
[This message has been edited by Clintuplet (edited March 22, 2002).]
-
That stuff on Train song is just amazing... Thanks for sharing, Steve!
I'm going nuts over here tho, because I don't have a credit-card available and of course this masterpiece is not on the stores around here. Damn. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/confused.gif
Finland sucks.
------------------
-
Thanks Steve for sharing this MP3! If anyone is interested in trading some MP3 stuff, drop me an e-mail to [email protected]
------------------
-
Holy Jeronimo Batman! That is some amazing playing. I heard the cd once through little speakers through a computer the first time and I balked on it until Steve put this track up. Well, I bought the cd today and am going to sit back and listen to some of the most extraordinary drumming on our planet!! Thanks bro for the enlightment!
------------------
-
MAAAAN...is the "train song" MP3 smokin !!!!!!!! i just keep looping it over & over. i need to buy this album today.
funny, when i first listened to the track, i thought it was some new guy names Jing Chi, especially with the ECM-ish beginning. then when the slammin' time comes in i am like "OH SH*T....some new guy, i am way behind the learning curve on this guy's insane stuff." i was breathing a sign of relief when it was Vinnie..."oh, whew...just Vinnie blowing my mind as usual -- status quo, all is right with the world". http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Geoff
-
Thanks Steve for posting the mp3. Amazing stuff from Vinnie.
Okay the kit sounds similar to the kit on the MD 2000 video. Is he using coated Emperors or Ambassadors on the toms (batter side)? It sounds like coated ambassadors on the resonant side.
Also, what do you think he's using for the kick? And what do you think he's using in the kick for muffling?
Thanks!
------------------
-
Man and Woman...
I'm addicted to this record. ssssSH. I'm not usually a Robben Ford fan either. Just amazing interaction without becoming a shred fest. Vinnie has really matured. He doesn't just do because he can, he does it for the music. Very tasty record. Exquisite! Would die to see this band live. Hopefully they will come to the East Coast.
------------------