-
I'm shooting some 8mm tomorrow, and I was wondering how do you make the film "glow" different colors? Ya know? It gets brighter, then darker then brighter, etc. It's usually red, but I've seen blue too. Do I just open the film door for two or three seconds? I'm using K25.
Thanks
-
Gosh, I have no idea. Mine are all planned!
It might make for an interesting test to open and close the door while you are shooting. What would also be interesting would be to "gel" the camera door so when you opened it the light that got through would have a distinct solid color to it.
-
Films that are past the expiration date also achieve that color shift effect. I think the color shift effect is more easily achieved when the film is actually being developed, but I don't know if you could convince a lab to "suicide" your film.