-
I am thinking of putting my Aaton LTR54 Super16 on the market. I thought I would offer it to you guys first. I am selling most of it but the lens and some other bits.
Body--Aaton Mount
2 Mags
Handgrip
2 Batts
Charger/Conditioner
The Mags were just in to Abel Cine NYC for overhauls. Very quiet. I treat the camera as though it is my child(maybe better). Many of you know how I feel about Aatons they are the best--That is it!!!
Make me a reasonable offer and I might send her off to a new home with you. I am keeping the lens because I am thinking of buying a brand spanking new camera.
Thanks
-
Nigel, what camera are you getting?
Matt Pacini
-
I am thinking of the XTR Prod. I am not a fan of the A-Minima. I have never shot with it but I have played with it at Abel NYC. There are a lot of things I don't like about it. However, like all Aaton cameras it is killer--I mean killer in a lot of ways.
So you buying???
-
What exactly do you not like about the A-Minima?
I've never touched one, but I'm interested in it.
However, I can see that the wacky 200ft loads would be a hinderance.
How quiet is it?
Matt Pacini
-
It isn't a very well rounded camera. It is small and light which makes it great for docs.--You could put it just about anywhere with a prime lens on it. With a zoom it doubles in size, it get front heavy and odd to hold. The built in grip is basically the motor housing and in awkward to hold. So that means that you have to get the wood handgrip which makes the camera bigger. Also for doc work the camera does have a TTL meter--It does have an incident meter on the side of the camera.
I just don't think it is the kind of camera I would want in my closet. It does a great job at very specific things. Not shooting a feature fiction or even certain kinds of feature docs. It is for "combat" photography as far as I am concerned.
I will sell you my camera for less than you can get an A-Minima for. So you buying?
-
It isn't a very well rounded camera. It is small and light which makes it great for docs.--You could put it just about anywhere with a prime lens on it. With a zoom it doubles in size, it get front heavy and odd to hold. The built in grip is basically the motor housing and in awkward to hold. So that means that you have to get the wood handgrip which makes the camera bigger. Also for doc work the camera does have a TTL meter--It does have an incident meter on the side of the camera.
I just don't think it is the kind of camera I would want in my closet. It does a great job at very specific things. Not shooting a feature fiction or even certain kinds of feature docs. It is for "combat" photography as far as I am concerned.
I will sell you my camera for less than you can get an A-Minima for. So you buying?