-
Am I seeing the Helms correctly where it shows to use the feeler gauge between the cam and the rocker on a B18C1?
On my D15 civic motor, i was running the feeler gauge between the rocker and the top of the valve retainer thing, right where i was adjusting.
Am I allright on this? It sure is easier to just slide the gauge between the cam and the rocker...makes the adjustment a peice of cake.
Joe
[This message has been edited by falconGSR (edited April 13, 2001).]
-
Joe, don't you need a special tool to do valve clearances on the VTECs? (more than feeler guage and wrench). I haven't seen many posts on this board about valve clearance. I used to do my valves on my 240Z once/month, as well as on all my Honda motorcycles.
------------------
98ITR, JRSC, AEM/CAI, Comptec Catback
-
All you need is a feeler gauge, wrench and a flathead screwdriver. No special tool is needed. On my D16 I adjust the clearances just like you did on your D15. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with B series motors. If the helm's says to do it a certain way it's gotta be the right way. I'm sure either method would be fine though.
------------------
Fred G.
'97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
[This message has been edited by waveoff (edited April 15, 2001).]
-
For step-by-step pics on how to perform the task on a B18, check here:
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/v...lveadjust.html
HTH
-
Charged R, in the helms it looks like you need a special tool to get in there, but as waveoff mentions, I should be able to just break the locknut and adjust with a flathead.
Still not 100% certain the cam/rocker location is the best place to measure with the feeler gauge. I guess thats what the helms is saying though, and I guess it makes sense...just trying to be ceratin i dont #$$^@ things up.
Joe
-
Thank you Mr. G3-TEG =)
Joe
-
-