-
In the current issue of MD (with Steve Smith on the cover), Bissonette says some really nice things about Vinnie. Says he's his favorite drummer and nothing motivates him like hearing Vinnie cut loose. He also says Vince is the most musical drummer he knows.
-
I read that as well. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Bissonette has always sung the praises of Vin every time I've seen him. I liked the article in MD a few months back that showed a lick Bissonette asked Vinnie about. The alternating hands interspersed with alternating feet [originally] thinking in triplets.
Clint
-
I'm seeing Gregg tonight (Thursday) with Larry Carlton and Abe Sr. on bass. I'll print these out and give them to him. :-)
Gregg always says that Vinnie is his hero. That's saying alot coming from someone who studied directly with Tony Williams.
-
Hey LA D
Is this the LaVaLee or BP gig? Maybe I'll go as well. I know Mike Landau and Toss are gigging as well. Hmmm....
-
he's talking about the catalina's gig.
-
I gave Gregg the printouts and he really appreciated the kind words.
The gig was great! Gregg and Abe Sr. really cut loose on a few tunes. Abe's energy and Gregg's playing together create such an uplifing experience! They're playing until Sunday, so if you get the chance, go check them out!