Hey there, I was wondering if any of you knew the rules as to using others copyrighted music in a non-profit film? Thanks. Peace out.
Printable View
Hey there, I was wondering if any of you knew the rules as to using others copyrighted music in a non-profit film? Thanks. Peace out.
http://www.ascap.com/filmtv/faq.html
One thing this link does not mention is that nobody is going to track you down and actually sue you if you do use copywritten music without permission for your little short that has no distribution and no profit.
<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 25, 2005 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Tasty Fish Lips ]</font></font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 25, 2005 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Tasty Fish Lips ]</font>
the more assets you have the more you have to lose if you're caught. flat broke? no biggie. Have a house and dependents? no-no.
Most of the short short films my class has made have well-known music tracks. My first assignment does, but I've had something else composed for festival submissions, etc. My second has its own original score. As Hicks says, "It's the only way to be sure."
I'm having a bit of a dilemma at the moment that is related in a way.
I used to use soundtrack music from films as my scores but then i got hold of an amazing composer so i used his work.
Well i was searching through music to send with my film to my composer so he knows the sort of thing i want and i found the PERFECT track for my film. It fits so perfectly.
I don?t have anything against Copyrighted music but i do prefer to use my composer but this piece of music is just perfect. Hell i don?t know what to go for.