Does anyone know where i can get an excellent quality microphone for under ?100.
Or recommend a model that has been overly successful for you.
Anyone know a good place to buy discount or reasonably priced audio equipment for filmmaking.
Cheers
Printable View
Does anyone know where i can get an excellent quality microphone for under ?100.
Or recommend a model that has been overly successful for you.
Anyone know a good place to buy discount or reasonably priced audio equipment for filmmaking.
Cheers
Good beginner kit.
http://www.hwaudio.co.uk/shop/Product.asp?PLU=1298
i second that for the ATR55
tho i would reccomend you get a pro wind jammer if you intend to use it outside, mine cost ?25, used it on a very windy day and the audio was fine.
I don't know if Radio Shack is in the UK but they used to sell a very good quality interview microphone for quite cheap. I can't think of the model number, but it was silver. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Apparently, you can get just as good a quality reception from a lavalier condensor style microphone. Ultimately, you must decide if your one mike is for two people, or just one.
Amazingly enough, I found the paperwork on the mike, and I wasn't even looking for it.
It's called a Realistic Omnidirectional Dynamic Microphone Cat# 33-1070, and probably is not made anymore. I used this mike when interviews were done. The cool part was I only needed this one mike for two people.
Using two mikes can be a real pain because you have to "cancel" the opposite mike whenever one person is speaking. This mike performed better than more expensive mikes that I tried.
My tech consultant guy suggested I try one of my lavalier condensor mikes and I was surprised to see that it had even more pick-up than the realistic mike.
Pick-up is not the only issue, the mike must pick up audio at closer distances while "ignoring" the audio background sounds.
Both of these mikes worked well in scenarios where one mike was needed to record two stationary people talking about the importance of wood burning pizza ovens. [img]graemlins/pizza.gif[/img]