-
Well, this is different. I like it, but I can't afford it. The Antique Stove Shop restored it and put on a different finish.
Ebay - 230006549099
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAMBERS-STOVE-O...QQcmdZViewItem
Starting Bid - $7,250. Ouch.
http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/a7/3f/88_1.JPGhttp://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/ag/2f/d8_1.JPG
-
Wow, I love it!! Is it stainless steel, brushed chrome, ??? Almost too pretty to cook on ...
-
I don't like it much - it seems to have lost much of it's charm- what I like the most about Chambers is the sweetness (combined with quality of function, that is).
-
I agree with the sweetness, which is not to say should someone hand me this industrial brawny babe I would refuse...she definitely is all business, but I like the warmth of my porcelain girl better I think.
-
It says it is brushed chrome. I think it adds a modern image to a vintage appliance. For those people that have or want a stainless steel or chrome kitchen, this would fit in nicely. I don't think that it will age as well as an original, but I still like it. I wouldn't trade any of mine for it, but if it ended up under my Christmas tree I wouldn't be upset. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Lori G.
-
She's pretty darn sexy! Kind or reminds me of the June Allyson quote I heard today. In reference to her own beauty, June once said "I don't dance like Cyd Charisse. But women identify with me. And while men desire Cyd Charisse, they'd take me home to meet Mom."
-
Think anyone will go for it? People really are buying fully restored stoves for these prices on some sites.
Have you guys ever seen a Chambers in cobalt??? I saw a photo of one - very pretty. Gigi does that color.
-Jenn
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 11, 2006 06:52 PM: Message edited by: chipperhiker ]</font>
-
FLASHY. Looks like it could have come straight from Sears. Cleaning all that brushed chrome....staining.....yuk.
-
This restoration is incomplete! It should also have neon ground effect lighting.
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/925...hambers1bf.jpg
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 11, 2006 08:53 AM: Message edited by: lowracer ]</font>
-
I think the "new penny" copper restored one from the stove place in Georgia was to go for $10,000.00 and while it wasn't a color match to the original, it was , at least still copper.
we had someone show up on this site who was waiting 1 year for hers to be "done".
A 6 burner Viking goes for around 7 grand, I think.
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ July 11, 2006 11:38 AM: Message edited by: phoebe9435 ]</font>