-
Ok so now that it's summer and I have plenty of free time, I really want to go and make a movie.
Problem is, I have no movie to make. No storyline ready to go.
Now I've heard that every person, every place has a story to tell. Problem is, how do I find that story.
So now that you understand what I'm dealing with, try and help me out. Thanks!
-
And well, I guess it doesn't help that many of my favorite people (who are also my actors, actresses, and crew) are gone.
-
There isn't like a set way to find a story. I usually think you don't have to necessarily tell a story, but I would like a film to have something to say be it deep and philosophical or just simply kind of a fun escapist thing. I would find something you want to say or accomplish then build a story around that in a style you are interested in pursuing.
-
Here in the US the sci-fi channel has short bumper/promos for their channel coming back from commercial breaks. I drug my wife and son into my backyard and made this: http://nick.ianstorm.com/bumpers/Wizards3.mov
It was a blast, and very rewarding, only took about 3 hours to shoot, and inspired me to write a short story about these characters that I might shoot next month. Just do SOMETHING, and once the creative juices are flowing, more will come to you. Good luck, and check out my other stuff at www.kerbybrothers.com, and www.kbproducts.com.
-
Yeah, so I think I might shoot some 30 sec promotions for my website.
-
not that ive ever really sat down and done this... but i think the history channel would give great ideas for stories... like you could get some viking mythological story and turn it into a modern day thing... possibilities are endless.
-
go to pubs talk to the drunks (theyre fun and imaginitive! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ) lmao.
read the newspapers
just mold and plaster and sculpt your own creations
make a movie about a famous serial killer if all else fails, lol
Tim
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 19, 2003 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Bliss ist Qual ]</font>
-
Ok well, I'm having some crazy stong emotions nowadays (about a girl of course) so if I could figure out a way to harness these emotions, I judt might have something.
-
yes. But you'll have Dawsons Creek if you're not careful.
-
hehe...dawson's creek...
I find inspiration in the strangest places, and I have a feeling you might too. Go places where you usually don't. Talk to people you usually don't. Sit really close to people on the bus and see what they do (even if the whole bus is empty). Sure, I have yet to make any fantastic films I am totally happy with, but I can come up with an idea when I need one and that seems to be your hangup.
Good luck with your girl troubles/emotions, too.
Mendon