Robert Altman Shoots Hi-Def
Printable View
Much as I love film, I'm afraid hd video is wooing away a lot of directors and studios. Of course, until the extreme price comes down, film will still be available to the little guy/smaller production companies and consumers.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by Greg_C:
I could not get that Altman link to load.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry about that, but it did work for me.
hey Mikey B, glad you're back!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">Originally posted by MikeyB:
Much as I love film, I'm afraid hd video is wooing away a lot of directors and studios. Of course, until the extreme price comes down, film will still be available to the little guy/smaller production companies and consumers.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, but if you read the fine print at the very bottom of the article, you'll see that they do "qualify the use of HD".
Interestingly enough, they say film is MORE PORTABLE then HD! Yet other directors such as Robert Rodriquez say that HD is more portable.
I could not get that Altman link to load.