Thank you, I never even thought of that! I'm off to the party store.
Printable View
Thank you, I never even thought of that! I'm off to the party store.
Thanks for the balloon idea! Is it very hard to stretch the rubber balloon over the plastic one? Is the rubber balloon inclined to pop off as you are putting it on? How big are the rubber balloons you use? 10" size? Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to picture the process from your description and can't quite get it.
Julia
Cherry - I read your post and all I can think of is why can't I ever think of clever things like that?!?!? What a great solution to the balloon 'problem'! Going to have to try that with my daughter's set. Thanks for the great idea!
Bonnie
Wow, Cherry, that is such a creative idea! I just ordered the birthday set on sale and one of the balloons is grey. Now I'll cover it with a more appropriate color-too bad it will cover up Coconut's pic on the balloon.
I've been meaning to post this and for some reason, it keeps slipping my mind.
I coded the set of 8 party balloons for dolls and I'm glad I didn't pay full price for them. The balloon is an opaque lilac color and the "string" is twisted wire. I wasn't nuts about them, then my DH commented that it looked like an egg on a wire. And, it does. Maybe it would have been prettier if the balloon was transparent.
I'm sorry I didn't code the treat set.
Oh code remorse. There were so many things I would have liked to code. Sigh.
Aaaah, but you shouldn't just leave the balloons like that. Luckily I had saved a package of the old style Pleasant Co. balloons, so I covered the lilac balloons with white or pink Pleasant Co. balloons! Actually any pretty balloon would do.
Here's how: You need fairly large balloons to begin with. Blow up the balloon to stretch it out. Then cut off the tight bottom part of the balloon just above where the bottom starts to flare out into the round part and set it aside. Stretch the top part of the balloon over the lilac balloon, keeping the "nub" of the balloon centered over the top point of the lilac doll balloon. Pull the balloon top down over the doll balloon, keeping it as straight as possible. Usually balloons have fold marks on the side and I lined the fold marks up with the side seams on the lilac balloon. When the balloon covers the lilac balloon, you can stick your fingers up inside and stretch and slither it as needed. You want the cut edge to be level all the way around with the bottom edge of the lilac balloon, with no wrinkles above. Use magic Scotch tape to wrap the loose cut edge of the balloon tightly around the base of the lilac balloon. Then slide the cut off bottom portion of the balloon up the wire handle, with the finished edge down. Tie the bottom end of the balloon over the base of the lilac balloon with pretty ribbon, wrapping the cut edged in ribbon to conceal it and pulling it tight. Nice bow with the ribbon ends and you have a fairly normal looking party balloon for dolls. One down, 7 to go?