If its of interest to anybody, there are some videos of a singer called Joe Merrick laying down some tracks in his home studio with Dave Dicenso on drums at http://www.joemerrick.com/. Some great shots of the man in action; really fun guy to watch.
Printable View
If its of interest to anybody, there are some videos of a singer called Joe Merrick laying down some tracks in his home studio with Dave Dicenso on drums at http://www.joemerrick.com/. Some great shots of the man in action; really fun guy to watch.
Edit: "The Truth Is" doesn't have any shots of DD, the other two vids do I belive.
very cool. thanks!
Wow those were cool. I like the home made videos that have pro qualities. Right from the board, mutli camera. Had an 80's feel to it sort of, in a good way.
Nice playing by Dave.
Nice videos. Thanks for the info.
I also love to watch personal recordings, the music "in the workshops"...It sounds great, and I like Dicenso?s playing a lot.
Bye.
Thanks for the links!
I saw Dave DiCenso play in a trio with a guitarist named Johnny A., a couple of summers ago. He played very appropriately, with occasional bits of absolute brilliance thrown in. I recall him do a fairly normal groove, but with this polyrhythmic dotted-eighth tambourine part that he was simultaneously playing with his left foot. His few solos were incredibly musical, lots of dynamics, nice use of buzzes and great phrasing.
Brad
Nice tunes too! I was downloading these while I wrote my previous post. After checking them out, I like both - good tunes, well played - but Dave's feel on Captain slays me. He has this tune on his website too, but I hadn't seen the video before and it adds a lot more to it. Check out 3:38 and 4:05 or so for some killer "feel" fills, though the whole tune has a great feel. Dave played a bit more Vinnie-like when I saw him live. More finesse, etc. no bashing like he does on Captain - though I wouldn't change a single note he played on these.
Brad
Joe Merrick with Dave DiCenso on drums is amazing! Joe has a lot of great media on his site. Joe Merrick Web Site check out: Supernaturally Sober
Also if you guys have the chance, I have some mp3's on my site: Jim Walent.Com
Take care;
Jim
Nice, but I would rather hear Dave playing with Jon Finn or Hiromi any day. Does he still do the prog/fusion thing, or has he gone pop?
Yeah, this Joe Merrik guy is a great songwriter... nice chord changes in this tune for sure. Very nice. I just wish he had a better (not so casio) keyboard sound! Cool phrasing by Dave, as always. Oh and about Dave...
Could someone please confirm, once and for all, if Dave was Mike Portnoy's teacher at Berklee???
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 13, 2004 12:06 AM: Message edited by: CLWarunki ]</font>
no.