-
zoom in on the subject, let auto exposure find the setting it likes, switch it to manual and zoom out...
-
I use automatic for my camcorder when I shoot family videos on holiday and stuff.
-
I always use manual - that way you can set the shot up how you want it - not how the camera thinks it wants it.
-
definitely manual.
the camera has no way of knowing what setting youd like.
-
What about steadicam moves, or pans?
-
always always always always always always manual.
I think one thing that is always f&*cked up on auto is exposure, with auto zoom you are going to be zoomed in on something whether you want it or not, but exposure makes homes videos look like home videos (along with a massive list)
When using stedicam or tracking, again manual and you need the services of a focus puller, who will pull focus for you, #
Chance
-
When do you go automatic, and when do you go manual?
-
.....but then you ned some kind of remote focus control....
-
Stedicam yes but not neccessary with a dolly, we';ve got away in tbe past with having the focus puller riding up alongside the camera , with the stops marked of with camera tape,
-