-
New Hardcore Superstar for you all. Decent cd, a little too something or other that is turning me off. The energy and hunger they displayed with Its Only Rock and Roll and Bad Sneakers only to lose with Thank You is now a distant memory. Too refined, too ?not? raw, too blah. If you liked Thank You, you will like this, just don?t believe them when they say they went back to playing straight up rock and roll like in the past.
01 - War Of Complaint - ok
02 - No Regrets ? ok
03 - Breakout - ok
04 - Soul Of Sweetness - bad
05 - Honey Tongue - bad
06 - Still I?m Glad - ok
07 - Bring Me Back - ok
08 - Pathetic Way Of Life
09 - Its So True - bad
10 - Why Can?t You Love Me Like Before - good
11 - The Last Great Day - ok
12 - I Can?t Change - ok
13 - You Know Where We All Belong ? ok
kind of a boring album, no real energy. Just goes from one song to the next, nothing catchy.
-
only heard bits of the new stuff i thought it wasnt too bad bit hard to tell from 4 or 5 secs, goin to see them when they play in Stockholm next month so ill let ya all know if there any better live
-
Hey Creeper!
I ordered it from a swedish online store..haven't received it yet....
"Thank You" is actually my fav from them so your review doesn't sound too horrible to me.
Eagerly awaiting...........
-
Louis, if you liked Thank You you are gonna like the new one. It's not a bad cd in my opinion just not my fav by them.
-
Although "Someone Special" is still my fav song from them, "Thank You" is catchier and has stronger songs IMO, Shame", "Dear Old Fame", Significant Other", Riding With The King", Just Another Score", great great songs.....only song I dislike on that one is "Smoke 'Em".....
Btw, been laying low with the videos lately, not a lot of new stuff. Think VH1's Classics "Metal Mania Marathon" a few months ago made people realize it existed....sucked for me. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
If you're interested though (I did finally get ahold of a few HCSS vids) my new site is at http://www.geocities.com/glamfreeke
-
Can't wait to hear this! Huge fan!
I love all 3, and the odd songs I've got my hands on.
I love the energy and heavy attack of the first two, and was a little dissapointed with "Thank You" at first. Expecting more "Someone Special"'s, "Hello/Goodbye"'s, "Right Here Right Now"'s and "Send Myself To Hell"'s
But after a hundred odd listens I really love the melody and sophistication of it. The songs wouldn't have really worked with the production style of the "Rock n roll" & "Bad Sneakers.." I wouldn't have thought.
Does anyone know whether Oasis ever head "Right Here Right Now"? Not only does it have the title of one of their albums, but also sounds like an Oasis song with Jocke singing the vocals!
Wonderful song though!