Hello, this is the opening of the screenplay I've been working on for quite a long time now. I'd like to post the first act, because I feel there's some rewriting to be done in there, but I'll give you this first and see if you want to read more.
---------------------------------------
FADE IN
INT. CHURCH ? CONFESSIONAL BOX - NIGHT
A FATHER is waiting. Light?s flickering from the few candles above the box.
Someone ENTERS the confession seat. The door closes with a loud BANG.
The Father waits for the bolt to open ?-
Nothing.
FATHER
Yes?
The bolt slides OPEN and reveals ?-
TODD ELGAN
A large, skinny male in his young twenties, covered in darkness. He takes a look at the Father, and then relaxes.
FATHER
Do you have a confession to make, my son?
Todd grabs a piece of paper, searches for his pencil and then writes down some words. He hands it over through a slit.
THE PIECE OF PAPER
?I can?t talk?
The Father responds in writing back with his pen. Hands it over through the slit.
Todd reads it. Sighs. Writes something down. Hands it back over.
THE PIECE OF PAPER
?I can?t talk.?
?I am sorry to hear that?
?My ears are just fine and dandy?
FATHER
Oh ehm?
(recovers)
What was the last time you confessed?
THE PIECE OF PAPER
?Few years ago.?
FATHER
Do you have any confessions to make?
PIECE OF PAPER
?Not really?
FATHER
What do you mean, ?not really??
PIECE OF PAPER
?Not here to confess. Just sorry?
The Father frowns when reading this.
FATHER
Sorry? for what?
PIECE OF PAPER
a dead WINGED stick figure with a sword chopped into his head.
FATHER
What? What are you talking about? Who are you? What is this?
PIECE OF PAPER
The drawing is expanded with another stick figure holding the sword. An arrow pointed at it saying ?Me?.
The Father?s getting agitated.
FATHER
Listen? son, I don?t know what you?re trying to pull off here, but you shouldn?t dishonor God in his own house. Don?t make silly jokes like that. It is very unwise of you to do something like that, especially since there --
PIECE OF PAPER
?Shh?
The Father gives up and leaves the confession box. He heads towards the altar and SCARES! He sees ?-
A DEAD ANGEL. Head split in two, HANGING at the wall ?Jesus-like? with the remains of his wings PIERCED.
Todd walks out towards the Father. He wears a long black robe, a hilt of a big sword seen above his shoulder. He drops a piece of paper before the Father.
PIECE OF PAPER
?You can stop praying?
FATHER
(Todd walking away)
You? you are not human!
Todd stops. The Father struck his right cord. A tense silence between the two and then ?
Todd walks out of the church, into the darkness.
And out of nowhere comes a leprechaun and dances the hornpipe.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 09, 2003 09:55 AM: Message edited by: emjen ]</font>
