-
*fffwwweeeeee* not long now!
What do you guys do at christmas? We decorate the lounge and dining room and have a tree and that, and we have a buffet on christmas day. I also go to my friend, Tace, and see her for a bit
So what do you guys do?
[img]smile.gif[/img]
-
We dont decorate, because we are never home for Christmas anyway [img]smile.gif[/img] We do have a tree, but generally dont put it up.
I spend Christmas eve/Christmas morning at my dads & with my dads side of the family. Then I go to my mums & her side of the family for a big lunch, and for dinner, coz my mum is adopted we see her natural parents and that side of her family for a big dinner. [img]smile.gif[/img] So basically I eat and eat all day until I get nice and fat hehe
-
Wow Jen what a busy christmas you have!
This year we're having a quiet one as Kristy is having surgery on the 12th and maybe in hospital for a week or so after.
Christmas eve we spend with our close friends and their children...always heaps of fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
We put the tree up on the 1st December and also hang up balloons. I usually decorate the fireplace too with tinsel, cards etc. I also have huge santa and snowman plaques that hang on the wall. Oh and how could I forget the 'Santa please stop here' sign that the girls still insist on putting out in the front garden. The girls also have their own tree for their room.
Most years we have a traditional hot christmas dinner..turkey, chicken, pork/ham, roast veggies, cauli in cheese sauce followed by xmas pud (for Greg..the rest of us don't like it) and cheesecake/pavlova or something like that for dessert. I would add that I cook this dinner sometimes in 40 degrees heat...I am insane!!! But being English to me a hot dinner is a real xmas. The few times we've had cold meats and salad at my in-laws it just feels strange.
I don't know if any of our family will be joining us but they will be invited.
It is also the ONLY day of the year that the girls get up very early, usually before 6 a.m....still hoping they'll grow out of it, lol!
Oh dear sorry Hannah this was rather long
[img]redface.gif[/img]
<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ November 03, 2003 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Barb_T ]</font>
-
Where I spend it changes regularly.. its usually at a family members house. We have held it a few times and they have HUGE xmas's and then Ive had large and small gatherings at my nanas and other places.
I think this year.. I will be going to my nanas for the final xmas held at her house. My Bestfriend Tanya will probably do alot of the cooking to help Nana out as she cant do as much as usual. We will eat like PIGS!!! nobody can demolish food like our family!!! I will probably visit my parents at some stage if they dont come down for it.
Dont worry Barb last year we just had a quiet one in Perth, me, my sister and Mum and Don and it was sooo HOT and we had the full roast deal. We nearly died of heat exhaustion. We usually have the hot meal as well. Doesnt feel like xmas if you dont.
Kat
-
We all get together in the sitting room and everyone opens their presents [img]smile.gif[/img] after that we sit around and chat, have a few drinks and finish preparing the dinner [img]smile.gif[/img]
Then we all go into the dining room and stuff our faces. Then some OLD people in my house go back to the sitting room and fall asleep in front of the TV [img]smile.gif[/img]
Michelle
xx
-
We get up when the kids get up (one year they woke up at 3:45!!! [img]eek.gif[/img] but since then I now drug them and tie them to their beds [img]wink.gif[/img] *lol*) and we open a few prezzies, have a break and a bacon sarnie and then open the rest. Then I go into the kitchen and bang a few pots and pans about whilst actually delegating all the beastly chores like peeling sprouts and spuds to my Mum and Mum-in-law. [img]wink.gif[/img]
We usually eat at about 3:00 - 4:00 and then we tend to stay around the table until the evening, drinking various alcoholic concoctions and/or coffee then we go into the lounge and watch TV (if there's anything decent on) or DVD's or we play games like 'Scattergories' and 'Uno'.
This year I'll be catering for 11 or 13 on Xmas day (depending on if my cousin and his girlfriend turn up) as my sis, her husband and 2 kids are visiting from the US from 18/12 until 06/01, then there'll be my Mum and Dad and my Mum-in-law so my house will be bursting at the seams! [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol
-
Aww that's ok Barb, its nice to hear bout other people christmases cos it is all done differently. Now thinking of it, we may not being having such a great christmas cos if one gets ill the whole lot has to go to scrap or if they r ill and it doesnt go to scrap it just feels miserable
[img]frown.gif[/img]
-
We had a tradition in our house the Mum and Dad would always put the deccies up for my birthday (16th) Since Amber came along they go up the beginning of December. I like to wrap the pressies on Christmas eve, having a drink or 3 lol.
Christmas day i get woken up early & it's open the pressie time (after a cuppa is made)
My sis usually invites us down sometime over the hols, otherwise it'll be us 2.
-
We get up a bit later than usual,no kids so we can please ourselves. Have a cup of tea and bit of breakfast. Open a few pressies, phone some friends to wish them Happy Christmas, then I cook the lunch, usually some turkey thing with lots of vegetables. While I'm making lunch Doug, my husband does some mulled wine.
After lunch we open a few more pressies, sit down in front of the tele watching some awful film (usually) and fall asleep until it's time to have some more to eat and drink [img]wink.gif[/img]
Joyce
xx
-
We've had quiet Christmases the last few times, but we used to visit family and I would sometimes see my cousins. A bit less now we're all growing up a bit (awwww) I'm the youngest cousin on my Mum's side, apart from my baby cousin Georgia.
We used to go to my auntie's sometimes, on Christmas Day, after we'd opened the presents. We go less now because Uncle Peter's job takes him all round the world, so he's rarely home.
Last year was so boring!! *lol*
I used to be in the choir (sort of a contemporary choir, as in we sang more modern songs as well as carols and the like) singing soprano, and we'd sing at the church for the Christmas Carol Concert around Christmas time. We sang Last Christmas at one point *g*, we often sang pop songs. Kinda cheesy, but it was nice. I really liked doing that, I miss it [img]smile.gif[/img]
xxSam
<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ November 07, 2003 06:48 PM: Message edited by: cherish ]</font>