-
Would it not be cheaper to transfer your 16 mm negative footage first to a color corrected print....then rank it in near one to one time ...cutting cost. 16 mm scene to scene corrected work print is .36 cent per foot around hear.
Neg development is high about .19 per foot in Detroit and .03 per foot for cleaning and prep.
If not one to one, what do you think1.5/1?
2-1??
Sorry I don't think this will work in Super 8, since know one makes transfers anymore to print stock.
-
I bet Nigel would know the answer. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
-
Alex,
Your right, Nigel did have some good advice. Seems there no free lunch. I'll have to go directly from the neg to the Rank and expect a 3 to 1 ratio.
The problem is stock footage is paid on usage and some can be big ticket paychecks others are would not cover the film and development charge, yet alone the transfer cost.
More and more the stock request are for HD or 35mm neg. (That also means supply a video copy) pushing the cost way up there. I was looking for a way to shoot in Super 16 and keep the cost down on supplying a video copy.