So what are you top three screenplays ever written.
Remember, they dont necessarily have to be your favourite films.
Here's mine.
1)American Beauty-by alan ball
2)Ghost world-by Daniel Clowes
3)Donnie Darko-by Richard Kelly
Printable View
So what are you top three screenplays ever written.
Remember, they dont necessarily have to be your favourite films.
Here's mine.
1)American Beauty-by alan ball
2)Ghost world-by Daniel Clowes
3)Donnie Darko-by Richard Kelly
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Surely it's the same thing - the screenplay is the template for the film...Quote:
Originally posted by mark06:
Remember, they dont necessarily have to be your favourite films.
Anyway... if you want recommendations for screenplays to read, Robert Towne's 'Chinatown' screenplay is often said to be one of the best, as is the one for 'Casablanca' (and unsurprisingly they're great films too).
Here's a site you may like where you can download screenplays: http://www.script-o-rama.com/table.shtml
1. Adaptation
2. Memento
3. Pulp Fiction
GREAT WAR EAGLE:What you are,in effect ,saying is that it is not possible to have a favourite screenplay, unless you liked the movie.
I loved the screenplay for 25th Hour, but it is by no means, my favourite film.
You should be using common sense, not me. Its not like you didnt understand what I was asking.Would it not have been easier to just answer.
That quote wasn't directed at you.
NOW APOLOGISE!!
Only joking. But I'm pretty sure GWE was telling Justin M to use some common sense.
If that is the case...I feel like a total fucking idiot. And do apoligize.
If that is not the case then I...rest my case.
These are not in order.....
Casablanca
Chinatown
Battle of Algiers
*Honourable Mention...Pee-Wee's Big Adventure(Yes, I am serious--No, I am not sane).
Good Luck
i like american beauty, but its a bit pretentious.
truman show script was sexy but good old jim just made it even better.
chinatown indeed.
and the last boy scout is an amazing script, should really get round to watching the film sometime!
My comment was directed to Justim M. Sorry for the confusion.
And I wasnt trying to be rude to Justin. A script, no matter how well written, is subject to an infinite amount of interpretations, variations, and changes from any given filmmaker.