-
Im in the process of producing an animation series on flash for broadcast on television.
Im not sure what resolution in flash to do the first episode in or how to copy from my pc to tape. What is the process to bring an animation on pc to broadcast tv, i mean the technical process of transfering it onto tape, then what sort of tape for studios to except????
Please help me....
-
boohalhak,
Not 100% about the exact technical process for converting Flash to Broadcast TV.... however you might want to get in touch with some guys who have already done this.
Here's a few examples of animators (mostly from b3ta) who've had stuff put on TV:
Joel Veitch - http://www.rathergood.com/
Weebls - http://www.weebls-stuff.com/
-
I don't know what system you have in Australia, but in finland 4/3 resolution is 768x576, but in digital format it should be 740x576 (I'M NOT SURE OF THIS!) and the 16/9 is 1024x576. You better also ask someone else before you trust me and my bad memory (haven't dealed with this in a long time). Export the secuence to still images with the right resolution and put it back together in editing software and export to tape (beta SP, digital Beta, DV-Cam, mini-dv... ask them in what format they would like to have it.
-
sorry my english *laughs*, I read your post again and I think misundestood something.
Resolution = you resolve something ...OK
But what is the word for size of a digital image. In finish it's "resoluutio" and I thinh it's the same in english, resolution... is it?
-
Some programs (Swish for sure) can turn flash into an avi file, which can easily be exported. Plus with video you probably wont get the normal glitches you get watching a high quality flash on your PC.
You could get a video out card and play the animation while recording it with the video out card. Or you could put the AVI file into editing software and then export it to a camera.
No matter what you do, I bet turning the flash into a video file is the best thing you can do.
www.soup2nuts.tv made Home Movies, which was done in Flash and had it on TV. You could ask them maybe.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 01, 2004 11:38 PM: Message edited by: phreejimmy ]</font>