a few more poems...
Johnny Sang
?You can?t put your arms around a memory?,
(Johnny sang through my stereo from beyond the grave)
How true, I thought, what?s the point in looking back?
?You?re just a basket case?, he continued,
I guess he?s right, who knows, who can tell?
When I?m holding onto your memory day in day out.
What?s the point when it just turned to shit I couldn?t stop it,
We didn?t try to stop it, how could we?
Our love was terminal, burnt to strong to last.
And anyhow, you probably don?t even remember my name,
I?m probably just a number in a list of many by now.
?Loved Him?, ?Used Him?, ?Shagged Him?, ?Fucked Him? wonder which I am?
?And even though they don?t show, these scares are so old?
(How true, what an insight Johnny had, what a tragic waste)
They?re hidden away, the scares that is, under a barrage of brash and bold words.
I still cave in occasionally, guess I?m not as strong as I thought.
I still get the urge to call,
to say I love you,
to see how you are,
Still wake up thinking of you;
still shed the occasional tear.
?Love?, you wrote in a Christmas card,
?if it?s still appropriate?
On a cold December evening, rain,
wind the usual clich?, but ain't it always?
Oh god I miss you still,
how can anyone else compare?
Least they can?t hurt me like you did.
All I?ve had since you are a few worthless one night stands,
Useless, dull, uncaring, unfeeling masturbation substitute for all intents and purposes.
Drink fuelled empty passion,
A brief compassion,
Ultimately lonely.
You can?t put your arms around a memory,
Don?t try?
Don?t try.
Paper Flowers
He handed her a bouquet of paper flowers,
To symbolise their eternal love.
She took them,
Tore them
And declared them as fake as his heart.
He picked up the pieces of his shattered romance,
Placed them in his pocket and left,
With a tear in his eye.
He took the pieces,
And placed them in the ground,
And buried his feelings
Six
Feet
Deep
All The Little Dark Thoughts
All the little dark thoughts
Of madness, genocide or megalomania
Of hatred, murder and genocide
Of perverse sexual acts and all that is evil.
All the little dark thoughts
That dance across my subconscious
All the little dark thoughts
That are subdued by the ever-right conscience
They play and holler and scream
The jig and swing and build houses
They build towns and cities on grey matter
They fight and war with purity
They fuck and spawn their bastard children
Giving themselves disillusioned humanity
Giving themselves speech and thought and will
Plotting and planning and scamming
Disguising themselves as good intentions
But unable to mask their sick stench
Seeping sprawling crawling ever upwards
In decaying ivory towers
Building towards the god-head
Biting scratching at eyes and biting
Waiting?.
Waiting for a moment of conscious weakness
To pray on securities
That falter and allow them true life
To wreak their havoc
To play their tune
To murder, rape, pillage and dance
Dance their sick movements
Dance their hideous deformity?
All the little dark thoughts?
Just biding their time.
I await your comments..!
