have seen some amazing shows while browsing, but am confused as to how it works? do i need to get a program to do with torrent files???
im on 56K.....will it take me hours?
thanks.
Printable View
have seen some amazing shows while browsing, but am confused as to how it works? do i need to get a program to do with torrent files???
im on 56K.....will it take me hours?
thanks.
Well, the shows are usually in either, Flac or SHN format. It's a high quality format to preserve the sound quality from the DAT or another recording source. A show contains from 300mb - 1,4gb so the files are pretty huge.
Another option is to join a tree or a vine, where you get enqueqed on a mailing list where you receive the show on CD's. You burn them, and send the show to the next person on the list. I don't know if the vines are for EUs too though.
Here are a link to a Torrent client which is used for downloading the shows. http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html
But you should encourage your household to get on Broadband, because with Broadband, you can easily get 2 shows a night. I'm checking out alot of Drumming from STG atm, really extending my vocabulary, it's an enormous library of live drumming from the greatest.
I've never liked Torrent. It's way to slow for me. I'm lucky to get 20kb/s maybe sometimes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mostly because you've choosen Torrent Communities where the starter of the torrent would remain the tracker. The deal about STG is that STG is hosting the Tracker, emproving speed and stability. If i'm on a Fresh Torrent from STG i usually go at max speed most of the time. Trust me, STG is a very plausible sharing community. A True revolution of rare bootleg sharing.Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt R:
I've never liked Torrent. It's way to slow for me. I'm lucky to get 20kb/s maybe sometimes.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 09, 2004 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Klemme ]</font>
I'm getting a DMB show and after 30min it's saying 700 hours left [img]redface.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmmm. You sure it's a fresh torrent?Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt R:
I'm getting a DMB show and after 30min it's saying 700 hours left [img]redface.gif[/img]
Most of the torrents i've been downloading has been around in the 30's/kbs for an average.
Or maybe you picked a totally fresh one, and that means only one seeder for everyone. No wonder it's slow then. You just need to find the golden balance between Fresh and Rotten [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 09, 2004 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Klemme ]</font>
Check the TRACKER. There's a link at the bottom of each and every page of STG. Click on it, and look up your show, it tells you how many seeders, leechers, and how fast it's going.
Get DSL or Cable. 56K is too slow for files of this size IMO.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 09, 2004 11:33 PM: Message edited by: JDouglee ]</font>
That was directed at the first poster of the thread.
I would maybe suggest a new Bit Torrent client if your speeds are slow only on torrents. I'm using Azureus, and I've had maxes of 96kbps.
And my connection is lameass AOL [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 10, 2004 02:43 AM: Message edited by: JDouglee ]</font>
I have that problem! Didn't know it was the program's fault. Where can I download that program, JDouglee? Thanks!
I have cable. I've downloaded files around 5gb before!