-
I've got the old region killer, but it doesn't seem to work with certain DVD's, and I can't find an update.
Can anyone please help me out with this?
Is there a better region program out there?
-
I would like to know this too, Preferably free.
-
I'd like to know too. Mine has that region lock deal where you can only change the region 5 or 6 times before it finalizes the region permanently. But I'm guessing this is like most PC DVD players...
-
Yeah CM, mine is the same way. The main reason I want one, is because the Japanese released Godzilla DVDs have tons of extras that are left out of the US releases. I won't be able to understand the audio, but it will be plenty of visual goodness to help sooth my constant need for kaiju goodies.
-
Oh I hear ya- and for me it's the uncut Euro Cemetery Man DVD. Which I've put off buying because of the region difference.
-
Best way to do it is two-fold (but free). First, search for a region-free firmware for your drive ... there's tons available at http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php
If you've never done it before, make sure to read up before doing it; updating with hacked firmware is probably voiding your warranty.
Once that's done, grab DVD Genie from http://inmatrix.com/ (also free). Once the drive is region free, you can choose whatever region you want to play in the DVD Genie program. I have mine set up to automatically detect what region the disc is when it's inserted; it autoswitches the region and launches the player.
If that's all too intimidating (or if there's no firmware available for your player), you could also purchase DVD Region-Free for a nominal price at http://www.dvdidle.com/
-
what is the point of region dvd's anyways
-
Thanx profbobo
for the others I've also managed to find a site with the Region Killer updates and downloads.
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/3/7/3-7-18.shtml
-
Cool, thanks for the info. guys, I will be looking into this!