I think I have read that it does? I can't remember and I am considering ordering it. Thank you for your help.
Printable View
I think I have read that it does? I can't remember and I am considering ordering it. Thank you for your help.
I've also read somewhere in an old thread that the black top does stain. Maybe if you handwash it in cold water it will help prevent this.
I wonder about making a close fitting, long sleeved white undershirt to go under it. Maybe that would help? It's really pretty, but I reall do worry about the possibility of stains too.
I could handwash/vinegar one for myself, but I was considering buying one to put back as a gift for someone, and I would hate to wash it first, you know?
You could always advise them to wash it in your card. :-)
People have also mentioned the zip-up sweatsuit as being problematic, too. I have this outfit and had a doll wear it for about a month. I had no staining problems.
I think if one lives in an area which tends to be hot and humid, particularly with no air-conditioning, or if during the winter your house is overly heated with a stove, etc. it might set up conditions for things to bleed from fabric to fabric more readily than normal.
I've never had this problem before, but a lot of my girls are green from a clorox issue... anyway, I would handwash it or put a note in the card or even in the actual box that says Doll Mommy, Please Wash Before Your Doll Wears This Outfit! A lot of clothes have that on the tags, anyway so it wouldn't be out-of-place.
Does it stain the vinyl arms of the dolls, or their cloth bodies? [img]confused.gif[/img]
Mine stained my PM Kenya(#14). She now has black marks on her arms where the seams run down, and at the wrist. I did not notice any stains on the cloth body. I live in Michigan, so it's really not heat or humidity causing my problem-it was winter when she wore it.
And it doesn't come out with baking soda.
EEK! I just got this outfit to put away for the winter holidays. Are those who had problems leaving them on the doll for extended periods? Mine is for dd & I know she will have the outfit off & on in a day. I think I will be handwashing it just in case. How terrible that AG would sell something w/ such a problem! I wonder how they test the products?
Thanks for the heads up & I am so sorry for those of you who ended up w/ damaged dolls. [img]frown.gif[/img]
Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
One of my dolls wore this outfit for about a month or two right around the holidays and I did not have any problems with it. Good luck if you decide to order it! - Meg B.