-
Does anyone know if it causes any harmful effects to view a 3ccd mini dv recorded tape on a regular consumer mini-dv ?
Also, if you mix footage from a 3ccd with a regular camera, do you know if this causes any ill effects when exported back onto DV tape.
Any of tha make sense?
-
It's not advisable to use the same tape on more than one camera (regardless of whether it's 3 CCD or not).
It is also recommended not to switch tape brand names on the same camera. Once you start using one type - stick with it.
Buy some more tapes - they're cheap.
-
Yoinks. My Canon xm1 broke, and I was using the tapes in a Canon 600i to transfer the footage onto the computer. Then my Canon 600i broke. Its a comedy of errors. But not a very funny one.
Without wishing to sound stupid, why should I try to stick to the same kind of tapes ? I'm using JVC tapes at the minute.
-
Sorry to hear about your broken machinery.
I'm not an expert but I've read it in a few different places - it's something to do with the coatings they use on the tape - there are different coatings on different brands - and it's bad if they mix.
They say - choose one and stick to it.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 14, 2004 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Justin M. ]</font>
-
hey, I know this is off topic, but can either of you guys help me by telling me how to get footage off of a mini DV tape onto my PC? I have a Canon optura 300.
-
buy a firewire card - they're not very expensive anymore
there should be a firewire output somewhere on your camera that you can use to link to the card