Quote:
Originally posted by Drumdawg:
lats thought. with my own mixing board, as long as the knobs stay and aren't moved, will the mix be consistant night to night, or will I be adjusting levels due to different venues stage box, snakes, monitor board, ect...
Thanks again,
Sammy J.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To an extent you can keep it the same, but you may need to do a bit of tweaking on the fly. Mine stays pretty consistent from venue to venue. That's one good thing about the 01V--you can save mix/eq/etc. settings and just recall it if you need to. This is especially nice if knobs get moved during setup/breakdown. And the "older" 01v isn't too expensive. You can get it on ebay for around $600-750. The Mackie sounds really nice and punchy due to the XDR preamps, and I've heard nothing but great things about the Allen & Heath boards. I also have a Behringer, and while cheap and simple, it doesn't come close soundwise IMO to the others mentioned. It works well in a pinch though.