-
I'm currently producing a film for the 48 Hour Film Festival. Needless to say, this is gonna be quick, cheap, and dirty. I have a great crew, home made dolly and steadicam, and a skeletal light kit. Unfortunately, I have no camera to do it with.
I've been looking around and have located a Sony DCR-DVD201. It's one of those newer Handycams that shoots straight to a mini-DV. Has anyone used this? How does it look? Most importantly, doe sit interface well with Apple and Final Cut Pro?
Would you recommend going with this model for free, or trying to rent a DVX? (My original idea.)
I'm under the gun, and panic is close to setting in. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks a lot guys.
-
*Note: I meant to say that it records directly to Mini-DVD, not a Mini-DV tape. Thanks again.
-
Id try and rent a DVX. Theyre very good cameras and work well with FCP. Im deeply sceptical of things that record to DVD...its not a pro standard and it never will be.
-
Thanks man, looks like you're right. Actually, I haven't been able to get the iBook to recognize the Sony when I put it in the USB port. The damn thing just switches directly into DVD mode to show me the footage on the miniDVD, and I can't import the footage with that. Of course, I can't seem to get out of that without ejecting the goddamn DVD. If if sounds like I know nothing about cameras, I don't.
-
Hello
Since you are on a seriously tight deadline I think
you should stick with what you know.
If you know about the DVX and how to produce a film using it, and its compatibilities, and know how to get one. Then use that.
-
Thanks a lot for your comments. I ended up scoring a DVX, and all went well.