-
Is it a standard design which I can get here in Europe too at any race shop, or di I need a special design for Hondas? I know Moroso.
------------------
Car is under work for some bolt on?s ;)
http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!
-
Doesn't endyne sell one of these?
------------------
JRSC @ 6psi
Custom Cold Air Box
Field SFC-VTEC controller
Nuespeed shortshifter
Thermal R&D Stealth
Kamikaze headers
Skunk 2 Cam Gears
Ground Control Coilovers w/ KYB AGX shocks
Random Tech. High-flow cat.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2000GSR:
Doesn't endyne sell one of these?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Endyn sells it..but expensive as hell. Just get a Morosso one. It's baffled. I used to have one before Hondata. I never had detonated..it may partly because the can catches all the oil. I drain out at least 1/2 a cup every week with normal driving. Then I had the idle problem and ended up pulling the whole thing out. I was lazy to put it back in and ended up selling the can. The detonation problem plagued me afterwards but I was able to tuned it all out with Hondata.
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
Every week a cup? What is this liquide which the can is catching? I can not be only oil, or? It is hela lot when it is only engine oil.
------------------
Car is under work for some bolt on?s ;)
http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
http://community.webshots.com/user/austriantyper check out my ride!
-
http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/
is that what you mean?
------------------
"There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire."
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by austrian type-R:
Every week a cup? What is this liquide which the can is catching? I can not be only oil, or? It is hela lot when it is only engine oil.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
it's mostly oil and water condensation...Urghh, I said 1/2 a cup!! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif I think the catch can works best if mounted at a well vented place. I put it in the passenger fender well thus get loads of fresh cold air from the outside. Hot oil/water vapor from the engine hits that cold catch can (baffled) and condenses into liquid oil/water and only gases will go into the manifold to be burned. I had another drain hose from the catch can to the front extended out and easy access/drainage.
Well it worked very well..but like I said, everything was out now...so all the craps get sucked into the manifold and burned (hopefully). Can't be good for the car but what the hell, I'm lazy and I hate my car http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reddelsol:
http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/
is that what you mean?
Yes, that's the one..just order the Morosso from www.summitracing.com. It's $70 or so can pick up the rest of parts from your local autoparts store for a few bucks...$140 is a rip off.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
------------------
It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!
-
Can you just unplug the pcv hose from the intake and put a filter on it? If not why besides it being illegal?
------------------
-
If you just stick a K&N filter on your breather, some oil vapor will escape into your engine bay and your engine bay will get dirty faster. Like mine.
------------------
'00ITR - JRSC 5.5psi, JR intake, Unichip'd