-
I'm running some sort of survey; please post how did you find the website and this board (Google(what did you search), friend(who), or anything else), what did you find first (website or message board), when did you join (approximately), if you have played Grandia II (and if you finished it), how much do you like it, and anything you want to comment. Thanks!
?????
I created the Granaboard website and message boards, so I joined around May 2001 when it was created. I played and finished Grandia II and still love it; probably my third favorite game ever after Xenogears and Xenosaga. I love this board because of the people who post in it, and the nice host we have. I want to say in this board people are nice to all 99% of the times, and since we got to know each other very well, we talk about our lives with a detail I doubt most other boards (maybe except LUE [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) do.
<font color="#101010"><font size="1">[ October 23, 2004 08:19 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font></font>
<font color="#101010" size="1">[ October 26, 2004 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Nevan ]</font>
-
Oh that's an interesting story! Okay, so, a few years ago, I bought a magazine, and they showed Grandia II. in it. I wanted to try it out for years, but never could get it. Then in school, first year (2003) I met Hell Knight, he always talked about games and such. Then he said teh word "Grandia II." I set my attention there, ran him down, and begged for teh game to try. So he gaved me, I played it out in 2 weeks, and loved it very very much!! I started to search everything about Grandia II. on teh net, and found www.rpgplanet.com, and a page about Grandia. So I started to get pics, music from there etc. and started reading fanfics. I liked (ED)Elyssa's fanfic lotza, read it all, but sadly it was unfinished. Read a few more fanfics too, but that's no matter. I searched for (ED)Elyssa on teh net as well, and found Wiseman's site. Then wanted to create a new board (accidentally) but then realized it won't work. Then I noticed "Message Board", and clicked. Posted my first topic here (I must find (ED)Elyssa) it was on the 25th of June, 5:30am (American time), and you guys replied. http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/2817/t/705
I liked to post something fully in english, since I love this language, and got stuck here, what is AWESOME great! Stayed here, then realized it was 2-3 am! LOL I enjoyed my first days pretty much, as I met you guys one by one. I wanted to stay up in the night more and more to talk with you guys, and it became a habit of mine. A real good one too. I love to be here, the overall feeling is great by teh start, you guys are great too, and the funfunfun this site gives me, I could never live without it now. I learned lotza thingz now, language bits and everything that was a bit useful. And the insanity going on here makes me feel even more awesome! All in All, I love to be here, and grab my every time to do so.
-
I bought Grandia II way back when, on the day of its european release in March 2001, after reading up on the acclaim it received in Japan and the US. I remember buying it alongside the original Phantasy Star Online. Good times.
Unfortunately, just as i hit the end boss, Skies of Arcadia was released (which i considered to be the better game). I lost interest in Grandia II, and sold it on to OCB who then played all the way through it, and beat the end boss for me, showing the ending. Evidently he liked the game, since he found this board soon after... im pretty sure he was looking for hentai of the game or something, but soon after he showed me the board.
I wasnt a very active member back then, probably because i felt a little out of place not being a massive fan of the game. But as the board moved towards more familiar ground, such as the Xeno series, i found my place in the board and started posting more.
-
I was lurking GFAQs Grandia 2 board in the 2001 summer, and then lurked the Granaboard til agust 2001. Then I joined.
-
Well it started back when I played Pokemon for a few months, I found Tojo on the web and joined the message board, a few months later I quit. After I quit Pokemon I was playing Magic. Still posting at Tojo a lot and in the RTC I met OCB, a golden hedgehog. From there I started talking to him over AIM and he introduced me to an online RPG known as Lotus Flower Bloom. So I joined. The End.
-
Hyper told me about this page [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
Wowza, never thought I had the longest story... O.o
-
Well, your story is the longest. Congratz Dreamer [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
IRT Cata: he [OCB] found this board soon after... im pretty sure he was looking for hentai of the game or something
LOL, I bet many found us thanks to hentai
-
Don't worry, Cat, you weren't alone back then.