... and what a load of shit it was.
They asked nothing of my work or experience, they seemed more interested in questions like this, and I quote...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They seemed to be more interested in putting people off the course than encouraging one to become part of the industry. I'm paraphrasing, but I'll put it in quotes anyway...Quote:
If the world was ending in 24 hours, what film would you recommend for someone to watch?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now, I know several people on this board and in the industry can confirm this as bullshit.Quote:
If you want to become a director of photography, it takes you 10 years to become an assistant camera man, 10 years to become a cameraman, and another 10 years to become a DP.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can agree with the whole "putting in 100%" thing, but your life being over? C'mon, man.Quote:
If you get into the industry, your life will be over. You will have no time for friends, or going out, or boyfriends or girlfriends. If you don't put in 100%, you will fail.
They eventually watched everyone's showreel, with little to no reaction to anyone's, but it was waiting around for 2 hours for 10 minutes of interview, and even then it was pure, thorough bred bollocks.
So, there was no way to guage how well it went. And if I don't get in, I'm fucked.
End blog.
