Global warming fueling hurricanes
researchers are blaming global warming for the severity of hurricanes this past year, they say that from the wind and increasing water temps it strengthens the hurricanes. Do we actually know that the water hasn't warmed up before and cooled backed down? Are there actual numbers to prove that this hasn't happened before? I honestly don't have any idea, I just know what I have read and if all the research is true then this Earth is in big trouble. I read somewhere that if the polar ice caps keep melting at the rate they are now several US cities on the coast could be under water very shortly, don't know the exact amount of time, nor the amount of water it would take for this to happen but it was very interesting. What do you guys think?
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
It was actually Chuck Norris practicing roundhouse kicks that caused the hurricane [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Anyway I saw a special on CNN about global warming and it said somthing like Hawaii could be in big trouble; maybe not even be there in the next few years
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
we talk about this all the time in my Geology and my Oceanography class. .. I don't think people realize what a huge threat this is b/c we're always telling ourselves not in our liftime... my professor said Richmond could be ocean front property if we don't try to actually lessen the effects we're having on the enviroment b/c we're part of the problem with global warming.
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
Isn't it interesting how the storms moving north from the equator where the earth is more narrow, helps to increase the wind speed? I always wondered how they got up to such speeds.
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
global warming is a sign from God to stop our sinful liberal ways
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
thanks for the laugh bud.
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
slights from God are no laughing matter
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
My train wrecked? I made a comment on the way the storms are formed- got somebody that says God is warming the Earth cause something a called "liberal" is sinful.(See the Bible for "Rich getting into heaven" and it will clear a lot of things up, maybe not the storms ) I think I'm just gonna quit posting, most have a "forest and tree" syndrome. Excuse, me I have an Elm in my eye.
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
sorry didn't realize liberals are the only ppl who sin...
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
d a m n sinful liberals.....